Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Software (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Affinity Photo Workbook launched (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46669)

Otto 23rd November 2017 01:17 PM

Affinity Photo Workbook launched

The long-awaited Affinity Photo Workbook is now available, and at a 25% discount for one week only. My copy is on order!

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/workbook/

MargaretR 23rd November 2017 07:56 PM

Re: Affinity Photo Workbook launched

Mine too! *chr

Otto 25th November 2017 10:40 AM

Mine has just arrived, surprisingly delivered by Amazon! Anyway, at first glance it looks very comprehensive and well produced. (As a user of Serif's PagePlus since version 1.0 I would have expected nothing less, their printed documentation has always been excellent.) There are helpful tear-out keyboard shortcut templates and the whole book is profusely illustrated with worked examples. Seems good value, like the software itself.

tomphotofx 30th November 2017 02:16 PM

Thanks Otto its a wonderful piece of software and great price.

Regards

Tom

Olybirder 30th November 2017 03:28 PM

I ordered a copy of the book on Sunday and received confirmation of my order. It said that the book is in stock and that I would receive an email when it is despatched. I haven't received an email yet but hopefully it shouldn't be too much longer. Could you track your order when it was in transit Richard?

Ron

Otto 30th November 2017 04:51 PM

I didn't get any tracking info, no, and I was surprised to find it delivered by Amazon!

steverh 1st December 2017 01:42 PM

Delivery was very fast. It's a beautifully produced book full of great projects to follow and learn from. Still on offer at 25% off if you hurry.
https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/workbook/

Olybirder 4th December 2017 10:57 PM

I would be interested to hear from anybody who has received their copy of the book. How long was delivery after ordering? Also was it delivered by Royal Mail or a courier?

I ordered a copy on Monday 27th November and my credit card was charged on 29th. The order shows 'completed' on my Affinity account but I haven't heard anything from Affinity or received the book. I am beginning to suspect that something has gone wrong. I will wait a couple more days and then contact them.

Ron

Crazy Dave 4th December 2017 11:02 PM

Ordered mine last Tuesday- no sign of it yet.

David

Otto 5th December 2017 09:33 AM

There's an increasingly lengthy thread on the Facebook Affinity Photo Tutorials group about delivery delays. One poster says Serif are currently restocking Amazon -I suspect demand is currently outstripping supply.

Otto 10th December 2017 01:11 PM

A couple of Facebook customers reported receiving their orders yesterday so hopefully other outstanding orders will be despatched quickly.

Incidentally, anyone else noticed how many of the sample pics in the videos are using the E-M1 II?

Olybirder 10th December 2017 01:28 PM

Mine was delivered by the postman on Friday. I received an email the previous day to say it had been dispatched and fortunately I was at home to receive it, saving a visit to the sorting office the next day.

The book looks good, although I haven't had the chance to look through it properly yet.

Ron

steverh 11th December 2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otto (Post 434811)
A couple of Facebook customers reported receiving their orders yesterday so hopefully other outstanding orders will be despatched quickly.

Incidentally, anyone else noticed how many of the sample pics in the videos are using the E-M1 II?

James Ritson who wrote large parts of the book and does the official Affinity training videos is a long-time Olympus and Panasonic user.

Crazy Dave 24th January 2018 08:23 PM

Just reviving this thread. I wonder if anyone else shares my feelings of being completely underwhelmed by the book’s suggested projects? Stretched cheese, crafting beards, dissolving characters, portrait and landscape retouching of images that are ordinary at best. I realise that it’s the techniques utlilised that one can apply rather than the subject matter but nevertheless, I cannot see myself referring to the book often if at all.

David

wornish 24th January 2018 09:22 PM

Surely the idea/goal of the book is to show you how process pictures to achieve a specific result. I think it does that. Its not meant to be a master class in creating some kind of show winning photograph.