Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Events (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Nutcracker Rehearsal 10th December (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35704)

brian1208 6th December 2014 06:57 PM

Nutcracker Rehearsal 10th December

Is anyone else going to this Olympus event on Wednesday?

I was lucky enough to get a place and can't wait for the opportunity to shoot some ballet, a long desired opportunity :)

Zuiko 6th December 2014 07:07 PM

Re: Nutcracker Rehearsal 10th December

I missed this. :(

What an opportunity! Looking forward to seeing your pictures. :)

Phill D 6th December 2014 08:23 PM

I missed that too. Never been to a ballet either. That's two of us looking forward to seeing your shots Brian.

andym 6th December 2014 08:57 PM

My daughter who is studying for her MA at the RCA got an invite to the ENB rehearsal studio in Kensington to see a rehearsal of this last week.So I've seen some of her sketches.
I think you're in for a treat. :):):):)

gazza95 6th December 2014 09:18 PM

Was wondering when the tickets were going to appear.

catkins 6th December 2014 11:04 PM

I went to a National Dance Company Wales rehearsal in Dance City Newcastle, and it was great to try out a few photo ideas in testing conditions - low light, no flash meant a chance to try sow shutter speeds! I tried for this one as well as should be a great event and I look forward to seeing the resulting photos from the lucky ones to get to this event.
Regards Chris

Eclairewilliams 9th December 2014 08:33 PM

Hi Brian. Yes I was lucky too and will be there. I'm really looking forward to the opportunity.
Best regards
Claire

Graham_of_Rainham 9th December 2014 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eclairewilliams (Post 321943)
Hi Brian. Yes I was lucky too and will be there. I'm really looking forward to the opportunity.
Best regards
Claire

Very much looking forward to seeing what is produced.

*chr

Hiflyman 10th December 2014 12:12 AM

Dam, and i thought i was the only lucky winner ;-) looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Itinerary provided - 1345 main door / 1400 start. Introduction followed by presentation by Sisi Burn. Olympus OM-D E-M10 cameras handed out, along with a memory card for use during two photography sessions with a 15 minute break in between to swap lenses and equipment. Event scheduled to finish 16.30.

Chevvyf1 10th December 2014 10:47 PM

Brian, I cannot believe I did not SEE THIS post before going to the Ballet and MISSED YOU :( mega :( :( :( at that :)

It was AWESOME I met up with Claire (above) and Trev and Chris in Starbucks nearly opposite the Coliseum, before and Claire and I walked to Charing Cross going home :)

It is as if Christmas came early for me :) I was ecstatic with excitement last Thursday and could not get to sleep ... thinking about Lenses and Settings :) ... eventually Monday came around and only two more sleeps ZZZ zzz and this morning I was early for the Coach to Victoria :) and just got home and uploaded my images and even more EXCITED :) I do not know how that can be :) but it was a terrific day - I got to use the 40-150 (and shared with with two others)

I am going to bed dreaming about which TEN IMAGES to seek approval for :) ... and shall spend the WHOLE weekend on them :)

I know Claire had a great day :) and hope you did too Brian ??? :)

brian1208 10th December 2014 11:16 PM

Damn, how come I didn't see (or hear) you there :D

Yes a great day but I was stuck with the 12-40 which was too short so all my images need a heavy crop, not good working at IS3200 ;)

How did you find the 40-150?

Lots of pics to screen, mostly duds but a few not too bad I hope, I look forward to seeing your results

https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/...s/cleardot.gif

Chevvyf1 11th December 2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian1208 (Post 322051)
Damn, how come I didn't see (or hear) you there :D

Yes a great day but I was stuck with the 12-40 which was too short so all my images need a heavy crop, not good working at IS3200 ;)

How did you find the 40-150?

Lots of pics to screen, mostly duds but a few not too bad I hope, I look forward to seeing your results

https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/...s/cleardot.gif

Brian, I was with Claire :) I was wearing a purple fleece (Jack Wolfskin), bright Lilac/purple scarf at the neck, black T shirt and denim Jeans and have blonde/beige hair, in exceedingly comfy and warm walking boots of brown suede and leather (horse riding boots) ... and .. carrying a ONE in all black with 40-150 lens :) :eek:

ps like this ... (I was trying the lens near the bar ... and experimenting with photographing the Lilies ... from above) unsuccessfully :(

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/5...C100009_01.jpg

pps Postie at Hayloft should have something for you two :) today

and using my 75 and 75-300 in all Black :) - focal length of the 40-150 and being telephoto did not give me my best shots :(

I found the lighting with the 40-150 too "harsh" for my "style" and actually the 75-300 did the best job for me - probably as I lurve this lens and I am used to stopping it down on bright days *yes

I rather fear that since getting the ONE and, going "Prime" (Thanks to IanSky and his advice *chr) I have got out of using telephoto - I did move forward out of my seat or lean well back *yes lots :) with the 75 prime :)

brian1208 11th December 2014 11:10 AM

Nope, didn't spot you at all. I was lurking in the entrance hall from about 1.35 keeping an eye open in case I spotted anyone I knew but you must have snuck in when my back was turned :)

Interesting to hear what you said about the 40-150 though, how was the 75 f1.8 (another I was too late to grab)

Chevvyf1 11th December 2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian1208 (Post 322074)
Nope, didn't spot you at all. I was lurking in the entrance hall from about 1.35 keeping an eye open in case I spotted anyone I knew but you must have snuck in when my back was turned :)

Interesting to hear what you said about the 40-150 though, how was the 75 f1.8 (another I was too late to grab)

We arrived stealthily *chr from Starbucks at 1.47 in the Foyer and I spent some time guarding gear bags (while others went to use the facilities :D ) and taking photos of that magnificent little Christmas Tree in the Foyer - when we went downstairs I was straight to the 40-150 lens to handle it quick :) and put my name on trying one :) ...

The 75 is mine :) from last years HY shopping trip :) and I LURVE IT to bits :)

brian1208 11th December 2014 03:49 PM

Quote:

I was straight to the 40-150 lens to handle it quick :) and put my name on trying one :) ...
it obviously helps to be blonde, female and attractive - when I tried to do the same they told me it would be a case of first come first serve in the free for all! :( :D