Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Micro Four Thirds (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Is there a soundproof room where I can scream, scream, scream? (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18499)

Zuiko 19th January 2012 01:23 AM

Is there a soundproof room where I can scream, scream, scream?

I've just been reading some comments on another forum about the forthcoming Olympus OMD. I'm amazed at the number of people who really think that Olympus should and could fit a Full Frame sensor in this new body and still be able to use the existing lenses! *smash

Their pathetic lack of photographic knowledge makes me wonder what the hell they think they need Full Frame for. Is their photographic ability so high that they deserve only the very best sensor performance and anything less than Full Frame simply will not do? I somehow doubt it! Almost certainly, rather than bitching about the "smallness" of MFT sensors, they'd do better to learn how to use the camera properly so that they can get the results which most of us here routinely enjoy and which their own incompetence leads them to believe can only be achieved with the Holy Grail of Full Frame.

Still, why spoil the perfect lame excuse for poor photography, "It's not my fault, my sensor is too small!" :D

Rant over. :)

cliff 19th January 2012 01:33 AM

Re: Is there a soundproof room where I can scream, scream, scream?

Slow deep breaths John...

Zuiko 19th January 2012 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cliff (Post 147554)

At times like this I find breathing into a paper bag helps me gain control! :D:D:D

Dan in NC 19th January 2012 02:24 AM

I have been reading some of those forums as well, the wildest speculations I have seen since before the release of the E-5.

Actually, I prefer the DoF and shutter speed relationship of 4/3rds sensors over 35mm film. I really like my ZD 4/3rds lenses, and I hope that Olympus will continue to provide a body that can use them. For the time being, my E-520 and E-3 are still working and are not the limiting factor. What I really need is a crappy camera so that I can say it is not my fault.

Ross the fiddler 19th January 2012 03:22 AM

A couple o' nips of scotch & a lay down will help too.

Just console yourself & know that there are some simple minds out there & we try to humour them as we are able & just have a chuckle when they come up with their fantastical dreams & just feel sorry for them when their dreams don't come true. They can't help it if they have pea sized brains, but then, some are just plain gullible, stupid morons. *yes :rolleyes:

Ah, I feel a little better myself now! ;)

Something good to remember, "A poor tradesman will blame his tools, but a true craftsman will master his tools."

Barkly 19th January 2012 07:12 AM

John - I am so distressed for you being so upset, I will have another Crown Lager.

No - really I will.

*chr*chr

Grumpy Hec 19th January 2012 07:48 AM

Anybody have the contact details for good anger management classes:confused:

LMGruchy 19th January 2012 09:12 AM

Any lack of photographic quality with my photos is due to user interface problems. I have heard it said that a true professional can get a great photo with a very basic camera.

Fortunately for me I don't know enough on the technical side of things to get wound up by this sort of thing. I can hardly cope with the camera I have, let alone hanker for something "better".

The only thing I hankered for was a happy snappy to have in my pocket, onw which takes rechargeables, and I have that now.

Oh, and a tripod which didn't reduce me to tears. (I've nicked Steambuff's, so that's all right - until we go out with our cameras together, that is.)

I am easily pleased

Wee man 19th January 2012 10:05 AM

John make sure the bag is empty or you might start thinking they are right?

ChrisW 19th January 2012 10:18 AM

Why scream, scream, scream when you can join the ranks exclusive ranks of the internets camera specification keyboard heroes and beta testers :confused:

Have you told them about your mate who works on the Olympus OMD project and that you, as a well respected “camera expert”, were recruited to work hand-in-hand with Olympus and have tried and tested several of the prototypes in a variety of challenging, but glamorous, locations around the world *yes

At this late stage of the project you are now fully aware of 99.9% of the OMD’s specification and that really only the colours of the interchangeable fully waterproof body panels and multi-mount retro-compatible lens mounting mounted mount are to the whittled up from five to ten colours.

In keeping with Olympus’s tradition for being innovators a full frame sensor was developed, tried and tested and ultimately rejected by your good self, and that bloke Bailey who helped you develop the Olympus Trip *ipop

Instead you both cannibalised the sensors from the piles of E5 cameras they keep giving you, and came up with a revolutionary sensor design – not full frame, but much the bigger, technologically innovative, four-thirds of a frame sensor – in effect a whole third bigger than anything else which is currently being used :eek:

As the OMD sensor uses multiple E5 sensors you have redesigned the image processing hardware to use parallel processing, thus saving time and boost the frame rate from 5 f.p.s. to a much more useable 20 f.p.s.

Thanks to your extra third, the resolution and high ISO noiseless performance is way better than the Nikon D4 and Canon EOS-1DX. In fact, it is so much better that Olympus were begged by Nikon and Canon not to go public on the full specs for six months so that they could sell what are soon to be obsolete cameras.

I am still in awe of the OMD’s detachable rear screen which can be used as a wireless remote control for the camera, whilst wirelessly offering live-view and touchscreen control of all the camera functions.

Perhaps you are the man to ask if the rumours are true? Does the detachable rear screen also have a slots for a phone sim card and microSD so that I can also remotely control the camera via mobile phone :confused:

Over to you Zuiko, now is the chance to tell us all about it *please

jamie allan 19th January 2012 10:28 AM

John,
I agree with you - comments like this from CNet are obviously being made by someone who really hasn't spent any time with the kit.
'It's not clear if Olympus will be deep-sixing its E series of more traditional SLRs, but given recent years' performance, it wouldn't be a bad idea. Canon and Nikon continue to dominate the SLR market with broad product lines, while Olympus' newest model, the top-end Olympus E-5, is from 2010. The E-30 and E-620 are even older, introduced in 2009.'
If a product performs well - why the need to continuously change it?

By the way - what is deep-sixing? Is it rude - does it involve Linda Lovelace?

David M 19th January 2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuiko (Post 147553)
Almost certainly, rather than bitching about the "smallness" of MFT sensors, they'd do better to learn how to use the camera properly so that they can get the results which most of us here routinely enjoy and which their own incompetence leads them to believe can only be achieved with the Holy Grail of Full Frame.

Exactly.

On the other hand if they get full frame to make them a better photographer they can sell me their SHG glass listed in my sig.

Ross the fiddler 19th January 2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David M (Post 147576)
Exactly.

On the other hand if they get full frame to make them a better photographer they can sell me their SHG glass listed in my sig.

Keep trying. It just might work. :rolleyes: :D

StephenL 19th January 2012 11:43 AM

Is full-frame the same as whole-plate? If so, then yes, I would like to see Olympus fit a whole-plate sensor into a 6 inch wide body. That would be really something.

Chevvyf1 19th January 2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cliff (Post 147554)

I really do like THIS solution :D I find there are so many so highly technical Toggs about, that it is best not to read their posts :eek:

I am happy with my David Bausch book on the E-5 and my E-5, for which I am very greatful that Olympus made it for me and my collection of 4/3rds lenses :) *chr