Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Site news (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   TapaTalk not working - sorry! (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45743)

Ian 30th July 2017 09:45 AM

TapaTalk not working - sorry!
 
My apologies for our TapaTalk users - we're aware of a problem and are investigating.

I'll update this post when I have some news.

Ian

shenstone 30th July 2017 06:13 PM

Re: TapaTalk not working - sorry!
 
You could leave it off as far as I'm concerned. It always bugs me when I visit sites that have it and prompt for it to be installed.

I'll decide what I install and don't want to be bugged every visit.

Regards
Andy

Ross the fiddler 31st July 2017 03:28 AM

Re: TapaTalk not working - sorry!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shenstone (Post 423197)
You could leave it off as far as I'm concerned. It always bugs me when I visit sites that have it and prompt for it to be installed.

I'll decide what I install and don't want to be bugged every visit.

Regards
Andy

I don't think it normally prompts me after I've stayed signed in (with Chrome) on my iPad.

blu-by-u 1st August 2017 01:52 AM

Re: TapaTalk not working - sorry!
 
Was starting to wonder what's that tapatalk. Have not used it or maybe I did unknowingly as I hardly try using my android to go on as it's really a pain for me.( finland when I tried to load pictures) Technology don't like me and anything apple related just hates me.:eek: Linux is an unknown stranger.
I find it safer in MS. SO it's fine with me that tapatalk works or not.

Wee man 1st August 2017 06:17 AM

Re: TapaTalk not working - sorry!
 
Ian tapatalk has been working for me.
I use an android phone and log on every day and only use tapatalk to log in.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Ian 1st August 2017 07:40 AM

Re: TapaTalk not working - sorry!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wee man (Post 423356)
Ian tapatalk has been working for me.
I use an android phone and log on every day and only use tapatalk to log in.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

It's a miracle that you are still using TapaTalk because it's technically not installed at the moment :eek:

I'm not accusing you of fibbing *yo - not at all, but I suspect that the necessary code still resides on the server so it actually works, which is rather interesting!

I'm a bit disappointed that TapaTalk support haven't got back to me after 48 hours though :mad:

Anyway, I'm pleased that you haven't been inconvenienced!

Ian

Bob Barger 4th August 2017 06:42 AM

Re: TapaTalk not working - sorry!
 
Using Tapatalk at the moment

Ross the fiddler 4th August 2017 01:32 PM

Re: TapaTalk not working - sorry!
 
Ian, you might notice the resulting thread title in my thread when Ed, Wee man replied using Tapatalk. http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthre...713#post423713

It went from this Re: "What's that stuff falling from the sky!?"
to this Re: "What's that stuff falling from the sky!?" *shrug
I did edit it in my reply to him though.

Thanks Ian. *chr

Wee man 4th August 2017 02:03 PM

Re: TapaTalk not working - sorry!
 
Ian still getting on to the site, I am in Jersey and only have the phone with me?
I always use tapatalk to sign in; no password etc needed. I did switch off the phone yesterday and also cleared the cache but still straight in today.
Ed

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Ross the fiddler 4th August 2017 02:22 PM

Re: TapaTalk not working - sorry!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wee man (Post 423717)
Ian still getting on to the site, I am in Jersey and only have the phone with me?
I always use tapatalk to sign in; no password etc needed. I did switch off the phone yesterday and also cleared the cache but still straight in today.
Ed

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Looks fine this time. *yes

Ian 4th August 2017 02:28 PM

Re: TapaTalk not working - sorry!
 
Yes, I can confirm that TapaTalk works for end-users. I have tested it myself.

The problem is at our end. TapaTalk support are slowly evaluating why it's not showing as installed in our forum control panel!

Ian

Ian 4th August 2017 04:55 PM

Re: TapaTalk not working - sorry!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross the fiddler (Post 423714)
Ian, you might notice the resulting thread title in my thread when Ed, Wee man replied using Tapatalk. http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthre...713#post423713

It went from this Re: "What's that stuff falling from the sky!?"
to this Re: "What's that stuff falling from the sky!?" *shrug
I did edit it in my reply to him though.

Thanks Ian. *chr

Quick scan of that thread I can't see anything unusual?

Ian

Wee man 4th August 2017 07:38 PM

Re: TapaTalk not working - sorry!
 
Good to hear.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Ross the fiddler 4th August 2017 11:47 PM

Re: TapaTalk not working - sorry!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian (Post 423744)
Quick scan of that thread I can't see anything unusual?

Ian

It was only the lack of interpreting of the quotation marks (") in the title when Ed replied using Tapatalk, but it only occurred that once & appears to be fine with further posts of his. Putting characters like '&' when uploading images in the photo gallery description have always been misinterpreted similarly though.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:04 AM.


The Write Technology Ltd, 2007-2019, All rights reservedAd Management plugin by RedTyger