Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Software (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   DXO PhotoLab & NIK offer (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50868)

RobEW 25th June 2019 10:45 AM

DXO PhotoLab & NIK offer

DXO have an offer at the moment of the new "NIK collection 2" suite of plugins, also including a "free" copy of DXO PhotoLab 2 Essential Edition, for one-off price of £86.99. (No rental charges). Offer expires in a couple of days.

I like PhotoLab - I have the Elite edition and also the DXO Viewpoint add-on. NIK has a good reputation but I've never used it. This seems like a good offer for someone who wants both.

Annoyingly for those of us who are already PhotoLab users, there is no price for buying the NIK components alone as an add-on; you have to spend £86.99 on a package which includes a "free" copy of what you've already bought.

RobEW 25th June 2019 10:48 AM

Re: DXO PhotoLab & NIK offer

Copy of an email to their support line (following up a previous reply saying there was no upgrade price for an existing PhotoLab user to add just the NIK bits):

Hello again.

I'm sorry to say that, as an established customer, I find that *very* disappointing. It seems that a new customer for PhotoLab Essential edition could get NIK for free (NIK + PhotoLab Essential is the same price as PhotoLab Essential alone, £87) yet an established PhotoLab customer like me has to pay the full £87 just to get the NIK addons which a new PhotoLab customer could get for free.

Can I ask that someone review this pricing policy which seems to be very unfair to your established and loyal customers. It creates incentives not to spend but to hold off until a better offer appears.

I like your products but your pricing policy is bizarre. I will not be purchasing the NIK software unless or until you come up with a fairer pricing policy which is not punishing your established customer base.

Rokey 8th July 2019 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobEW (Post 483998)
DXO have an offer at the moment of the new "NIK collection 2" suite of plugins, also including a "free" copy of DXO PhotoLab 2 Essential Edition, for one-off price of £86.99. (No rental charges). Offer expires in a couple of days.

I like PhotoLab - I have the Elite edition and also the DXO Viewpoint add-on. NIK has a good reputation but I've never used it. This seems like a good offer for someone who wants both.

Annoyingly for those of us who are already PhotoLab users, there is no price for buying the NIK components alone as an add-on; you have to spend £86.99 on a package which includes a "free" copy of what you've already bought.

The free downloads of the original Nik collection can still be found online. Itís not clear to me that the products have been significantly updated since then, nor that the integration of them with PhotoLab is seamless enough to provide a great advantage in owning the integrated version.

So maybe thatís a solution worth pursuing, just download the standalone Nik package? Itís cheaper, anyway!

Thai-Mike 4th August 2019 01:03 AM

5 Attachment(s)
If Nik is a standalone

I do this:

1. I click export to application

2.Browse where you nik is installed, Photoshop or Dxo. I installed mine in Dxo

select nik

where what nik you want

make you changes and save

it closes and appears in dxo

Thai-Mike 4th August 2019 01:04 AM