Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Events (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Woburn day April 26th being organised at FTU (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1366)

Ian 25th March 2008 11:02 PM

Woburn day April 26th being organised at FTU

John Perriment (aka Zuiko here) is masterminding a Four Thirds User photographers meet for Saturday, 26th April - a month from now just about.

If anyone is interested, please have a look at the thread on the subject there:

http://fourthirds-user.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1420

I'll be there :)

Ian

Zuiko 25th March 2008 11:39 PM

Re: Woburn day April 26th being organised at FTU

Members from this forum will be most welcome!

I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible. Please let me know if you are comming so I have an idea of numbers and know who to expect. I can be contacted either via the thread on Four Thirds, PM, or email johnperriment@btinternet.com

Regards,

John

j.baker 26th March 2008 08:22 AM

Geography was never my best subject, so just to clarify, this is Woburn Abbey near Milton Keynes?

theMusicMan 26th March 2008 09:10 AM

I had initially thought we'd try to get down and have a family day out, but a little search in google maps yields a long journey for me I'm afraid. Would love to attend, especially with all the great folk here and on FTU, but though I am not saying a definitive 'no' at the moment, it's currently not looking likely for me, sorry.

Hope you all have a great day though.

Ian 26th March 2008 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j.baker (Post 12280)
Geography was never my best subject, so just to clarify, this is Woburn Abbey near Milton Keynes?

Yes, I believe so. It's not far for me, but I do understand it will be quite a distance for some.

I'd like to think about doing some dates both further west and north. I'm actually venturing to Keswick (lake district) with some pals from DPNow next Tuesday for a couple of days. If this is close for you and you'd like to join in, just let me know.

Ian

j.baker 26th March 2008 09:31 AM

Milton Keynes is about 100 miles from where I live. This is what I consider drivable on a weekend.

I will discuss it with the wife, and see if she is up for it(She loves going out so this won’t be much of a problem).

I live in north Wiltshire, and assuming the wife wants to go, I have two spare seats in the car. I don't mind picking up a couple of passengers if they are local to me.

Ian 26th March 2008 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j.baker (Post 12300)
Milton Keynes is about 100 miles from where I live. This is what I consider drivable on a weekend.

I will discuss it with the wife, and see if she is up for it(She loves going out so this won’t be much of a problem).

I live in north Wiltshire, and assuming the wife wants to go, I have two spare seats in the car. I don't mind picking up a couple of passengers if they are local to me.

Thanks - a very kind offer *chr

Ian

j.baker 29th March 2008 02:32 PM

Both I and the wife are confirmed. If anyone lives fiarly locally and want a free lift, please let me know.

I would be intersted to see what kind of equipment that other users will be bringing to the event. I would like the chance to see some of it in action.

I will be bringing:

Two E510s, 70-300, 12-60mm, 40-150mm, EC-20 and if my 50-200 SWD arrives that as well. Tripods, flashes and accessories as well :)

Zuiko 29th March 2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j.baker (Post 12672)
Both I and the wife are confirmed. If anyone lives fiarly locally and want a free lift, please let me know.

I would be intersted to see what kind of equipment that other users will be bringing to the event. I would like the chance to see some of it in action.

I will be bringing:

Two E510s, 70-300, 12-60mm, 40-150mm, EC-20 and if my 50-200 SWD arrives that as well. Tripods, flashes and accessories as well :)

Looking forward to meeting you John. Seems to me you have quite a comprehensive kit yourself which I'm sure many others would like to see. The only things different that I can bring to the party are four manual focus legacy lenses:-

50mm f1.8 Zuiko

90mm f2.5 Elicar 1:1 macro

135mm f4 Jupiter

300mm f4.5 Nikkor

Plus a R72 filter, if anyone wants to try infra-red effect B & W.

John

Ian 30th March 2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuiko (Post 12716)
Looking forward to meeting you John. Seems to me you have quite a comprehensive kit yourself which I'm sure many others would like to see. The only things different that I can bring to the party are four manual focus legacy lenses:-

50mm f1.8 Zuiko

90mm f2.5 Elicar 1:1 macro

135mm f4 Jupiter

300mm f4.5 Nikkor

Plus a R72 filter, if anyone wants to try infra-red effect B & W.

John

In terms of out of the ordinary lenses, I can bring a 90-250 f/2.8. I also have a 50mm macro, 12-60, 11-22, 50-200 (old version), EC-14 converter, plus various kit lenses. I can probably borrow some other lenses from Olympus for the day.

Ian

j.baker 30th March 2008 11:28 AM

I have a Clubman 28mm F2.8 Macro OM and Tokina 28-70mm F3.5-4.5 OM lens. Both have 4/3rds to OM rings.

If anyone want to try these, I can bring them.

Both the wife and I are looking forward to visiting the zoo.

Ian 10th April 2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian (Post 12746)
In terms of out of the ordinary lenses, I can bring a 90-250 f/2.8. I also have a 50mm macro, 12-60, 11-22, 50-200 (old version), EC-14 converter, plus various kit lenses. I can probably borrow some other lenses from Olympus for the day.

Ian

I can confirm I can bring the 14-35 f/2 SWD along, and I forgot to mention the E-420 and pancake lens. I've asked for the new 50-200SWD and either a 7-14 or 8mm fisheye or both from Olympus :)

To protect my poor back, I will naturally have to spread the load by asking attendees to carry these lenses for me :D

Ian

andym 23rd April 2008 07:20 AM

The weathers looking good for Saturday,see the met office URL below.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/...t_weather.html

Could well have to get my shorts and tropical shirt ready.

Zuiko 23rd April 2008 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andym (Post 14727)
The weathers looking good for Saturday,see the met office URL below.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/...t_weather.html

Could well have to get my shorts and tropical shirt ready.

I hope so, I'm really looking forward to seeing that tropical shirt, might make a nice close-up abstract shot. I'll reserve judgement on the shorts!

John

Ian 25th April 2008 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuiko (Post 14805)
I hope so, I'm really looking forward to seeing that tropical shirt, might make a nice close-up abstract shot. I'll reserve judgement on the shorts!

John

Yep - less than 24 hours to go and the weather is looking ace :)

Any more late interest in joining the group?

I will be definitely bringing these lenses for you all to try:

18-180
7-14
8mm fisheye
90-250 f/2.0
50-200 SWD
12-60 SWD
50mm macro
14-35 f/2.0
70-300
EC-20 2x converter
EC-14 1.4x converter

I believe someone who owns a 14-150 Panasonic Leica will be bringing this interesting lens.

See you all tomorrow!

Ian