Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Events (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   2016 NEC photo show (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40499)

Kiwi Paul 14th December 2015 07:38 AM

2016 NEC photo show

It's nearly that time again already, Mike and I are going to go down on the Monday 21st March for the day, at least that's the plan.

If anyone else is going on Mon why don't we arrange to meet at the Olympus stand. Last year nobody knew what anyone looked like so folk never met so this year I think we should put a small label on our shirts saying "Oly System Talk", that way at least there is a chance of meeting, either that or we carry a gas balloon hovering above us lol ;)

Paul

Phill D 14th December 2015 07:41 AM

Re: 2016 NEC photo show

I'm pretty sure I'll be going one day but not sure yet which one. If it's Monday I'll definitely come to the "Oly System Talk" :)

CarolE 14th December 2015 10:28 PM

I'm hoping to go

Kiwi Paul 15th December 2015 08:31 AM

For those going on Monday who would like to meet up, how about meeting at the Oly stand about 12pm? But seriously wear something saying "Oly System Talk" or something, otherwise we will have no idea who is who. Last year no one met anyone as we didn't know who to look for.

Paul

drmarkf 15th December 2015 11:19 AM

I'm there on the Sunday & Monday and am certainly up for a meet.

It would be good not to coincide with one of the talks and stage events because for me these are one of the main reasons for going...

Walti 15th December 2015 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi Paul (Post 369684)
For those going on Monday who would like to meet up, how about meeting at the Oly stand about 12pm? But seriously wear something saying "Oly System Talk" or something, otherwise we will have no idea who is who. Last year no one met anyone as we didn't know who to look for.

Paul

Good opportunity to sell some Olympus System Talk UK sweatshirts here?

benpanesar 16th December 2015 07:13 AM

Count me in !

Kiwi Paul 25th January 2016 07:17 AM

Guys, those who are going Monday and want to meet, why don't we swap mobile numbers and I can send a group text saying where and when to meet, or at least we can contact each other to find out where we are.

Paul

Wee man 25th January 2016 09:44 AM

I was going to sit at the entrance selling pink carnations which I will only sell in exchange for an m4/3 lens to group members that way we will know each other by the flowers and I will be the one with the hernia and left over flowers. Phone number on way by pm. Will look out the photos of last years meet up.

Kiwi Paul 25th January 2016 10:07 AM

PM and number received thanks Ed.

Paul

benvendetta 25th January 2016 12:14 PM

I am probably going Sunday with my photographic club so no one to meet :(

drmarkf 25th January 2016 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benvendetta (Post 374472)
I am probably going Sunday with my photographic club so no one to meet :(

I'm going to be there on Sunday. Looks currently as though there aren't any talks of interest to me between around 2 and 3:30, so shall I pm my mobile number?

Does anyone know if Olympus are going to be offering their camera-cleaning service during the Show?

pdk42 25th January 2016 01:28 PM

I think I'll be there Mon too. See you all there.

I'll be wearing a blue leopard leotard and riding a unicycle so I'll make sure I have a badge too so that you recognise me.

Wee man 25th January 2016 02:24 PM

I have already e mailed Olympus re sensor cleaning will post when I get a response.

Wee man 25th January 2016 02:26 PM

But how will we know you from all the other leotard wearing unicycle riders? Can you wear a hat with a feather?
It does seem a lot of bother to avoid getting a flower from me!