Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Events (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Olympus event in Cardiff Sat 28th June (not July as originally posted) (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2197)

shenstone 26th June 2008 07:35 PM

Olympus event in Cardiff Sat 28th June (not July as originally posted)

I just heard in the pub that there will be an olympus event in Camera Centre Cardiff on Saturday where the E-520 will be on show and loads of Oly goodies cheap or free*chr

Pity this was not advertised through this forum and lucky I drink in the same pub as the shop owner Doug who would be happy to see any members (especially those with cheque books) ;)

Ian - any chance you can get Olympus to feed you event dates to post here *yes

Regards
Andy

theMusicMan 26th June 2008 09:15 PM

Re: Olympus event in Cardiff Sat 28th June

I agree Andy, it is a shame that this wasn't known prior to today. Not too sure I can make it even though it's just up the road, but I shall see what I can do.

Ian 27th June 2008 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenstone (Post 18928)
I just heard in the pub that there will be an olympus event in Camera Centre Cardiff on Saturday where the E-520 will be on show and loads of Oly goodies cheap or free*chr

Pity this was not advertised through this forum and lucky I drink in the same pub as the shop owner Doug who would be happy to see any members (especially those with cheque books) ;)

Ian - any chance you can get Olympus to feed you event dates to post here *yes

Regards
Andy

Hi Andy, yes our events info needs updating - I will make some calls :)

Ian

Chillimonster 27th June 2008 11:27 AM

Do we mean 28th JUNE? or July?

Chris

alert_bri 27th June 2008 11:58 AM

We have a BBQ this Sunday, where the E-520 and E-420 will be available all day to use (one of the Safari Group members will be taking the E-520 away for a week to write a personal experience review) - and you won't need a cheque book... no pressure, no selling ;)

The BBQ will be here :
Acorn Farm, Sutton on Trent

Please feel free to PM me for an invite.

Kind Regards

Brian

Yorkie 27th June 2008 12:21 PM

I am attending the BBQ and will have one of the new stye grips by Ownuser for the E510/20 that people can try.

All the best,

shenstone 27th June 2008 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillimonster (Post 18970)
Do we mean 28th JUNE? or July?

Chris

SORRY :o

JUNE

Regards
Andy

shenstone 28th June 2008 05:37 PM

I Dropped into this event today and had a good play with the E-520

I think I have changed my mind that it was not sufficiently updated to make me want to upgrade from my E500/510 combo and there were a couple of features I definitely liked

One is of course the live view with autofocus that would be really useful with my new 50 mm macro and another is the wireless flash control as per the E-3

I liked the fact that the buttons are the same as the 510 and therefore there would be no learning curve and another nice feature seems to be a tidy up in the menu navigation to group related features in a more sensible manner (e.g. all the flash functions together)

I had a good chat with the Olympus rep on various aspects of the range and we agreed on something that is a pet peeve that the manuals that come with these excellent cameras are really not very good in that they should be at least available in colour electronically if not in print.

I also made some comments on how this event had not been mentioned in this forum and maybe their marketing department need to woken up a little as to how good a customer base we are.

I came away with a wonderful array of Olympus goodies so expect to see me in my Oly T Shirt, Baseball Cap and Flip Flops whilst carrying my Oly Bag on the next forum get together I manage.

So was it enough to make me shell out 549 on the day - sadly for Doug no, but I may be back - I'm seriously considering upgrading the 500 to the 520.

Regards
Andy

BTW - Ian/John - can one of you amend the title at the top of this thread so as not to confuse people as the date was June not July