Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Olympus OM-D E-M1 (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   EM-1 Remote control wfi app (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29416)

robes 5th October 2013 11:57 AM

EM-1 Remote control wfi app

1 Attachment(s)
Has anyone got this to work?

I can connect using the Olympus Image Share app & download images to iphone, but the remote control doesn't work
Tryting to upload error screen. "App needs updating"

drmarkf 5th October 2013 05:02 PM

Re: EM-1 Remote control wfi app

Hmmmmm.
I get as far as the app on my iPad reading the barcode and installing the camera profile, but then every time I try to connect to the camera to see and download images I get an 'unable to find wifi enabled Olympus camera' message (or similar). It then dumps me back to re-reading the barcode. I can't seem to find any more detailed instructions.
The app works OK with, for example, images already installed on the tablet.
I'm probably doing something daft, but I can't work out what it is...

jamsa 5th October 2013 05:38 PM

I seem to recall reading very recently that the Apple software needed updating before it was 100%...

robes 5th October 2013 06:04 PM

Maybe need to be sure you are not connected to another network. I was connected to the home network first time I tried you can only connect to the camera's network if you ask the iphone to in settings. It won't disconnect form the other network automiatically.

StephenL 5th October 2013 06:21 PM

So for the initial connection it might be an idea to move out of range of your home router? I suppose this is the situation it was designed for?

drmarkf 5th October 2013 06:42 PM

Thanks - i'll give that a go.

Graham_of_Rainham 5th October 2013 07:12 PM

When I switch on the WiFi in my camera, I have to select it with the Settings in the iPhone, before I run the app.

*chr

StephenL 5th October 2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham_of_Rainham (Post 254900)
When I switch on the WiFi in my camera, I have to select it with the Settings in the iPhone, before I run the app.

*chr

That sounds sensible. *yes

Davecollins 6th October 2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamsa (Post 254874)
I seem to recall reading very recently that the Apple software needed updating before it was 100%...

I have tried this on my ipad and iPhone, it will not work until the updated app is released ( I understand this will be soon)

I also have a Sony phone and it works fine on this, very easy to use and quite good fun to !

Graham_of_Rainham 6th October 2013 09:03 AM

It is such a pity that the new system has not included the provision to use the camera as normal and simply transfer the images to a connected device as they are taken. :cool:

This was available on the Studio software and some E-System cameras and was very useful.

Hopefully they will release a new Olympus Viewer that has this exceptionally valuable capability for "Pro" users.

StephenL 6th October 2013 09:58 AM

The iPad app which Ian and I were playing with was a beta version. But I think the Android version was a finished article. No doubt the delay is down to the app not yet passing Apple's testing criteria for inclusion on their "store".

Ross the fiddler 6th October 2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham_of_Rainham (Post 254995)
It is such a pity that the new system has not included the provision to use the camera as normal and simply transfer the images to a connected device as they are taken. :cool:

This was available on the Studio software and some E-System cameras and was very useful.

Hopefully they will release a new Olympus Viewer that has this exceptionally valuable capability for "Pro" users.

To work as a Win8 App would be good too.

Grumpy Hec 6th October 2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross the fiddler (Post 255009)
To work as a Win8 App would be good too.

I suspect that will be a wait. Sadly that OS suffers from major lack of support from all manner of banks and companies.

Hec

drmarkf 6th October 2013 09:12 PM

Thanks for the help so far - I've now got to the stage with everyone else of waiting for the app update...

:o

StephenL 7th October 2013 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmarkf (Post 255170)
Thanks for the help so far - I've now got to the stage with everyone else of waiting for the app update...

:o

Wait no longer! The iPad/Phone version has now been updated. Now I just need the camera ....