Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   The lounge (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Printer ink (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22758)

Crippledsandwich 7th September 2012 09:57 PM

Printer ink

pinched this from the BBC website

In 2003 Which? carried out research showing that measure for measure, ink was seven times more expensive than a vintage bottle of Dom Perignon champagne.

:eek:

Wally 8th September 2012 06:56 AM

Re: Printer ink

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crippledsandwich (Post 186277)

In 2003 Which? carried out research showing that measure for measure, ink was seven times more expensive than a vintage bottle of Dom Perignon champagne.

That was then... almost ten years later, it's probably worth throwing out the bubbly and hoarding ink cartridges.

Save the planet... buy a new printer every time the ink runs out. ;)

Gwyver 8th September 2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crippledsandwich (Post 186277)

However, Dom Perignon doesn't produce long-lasting colourful prints *chr

Nick Temple-Fry 8th September 2012 10:58 AM

Ah - but champagne gives pleasure for maybe 5 minutes, after which it leaves you with a headache.

A good quality print lasts for 30+ years and will give pleasure throughout its life.

So 'measure for measure' printer ink is more than 450000 times the value of champagne.

Given meaningless comparisons it's quite possible to calculate meaningless results.

Nick

PeterBirder 8th September 2012 08:21 PM

The price of Dom Perignon is what some people are prepared to pay for something they like but don't need.

The price of printer ink is(like petrol) what most people have to pay for something they need. Captive market!

Regards.*chr

Nick Temple-Fry 8th September 2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterBirder (Post 186366)
The price of Dom Perignon is what some people are prepared to pay for something they like but don't need.

The price of printer ink is(like petrol) what most people have to pay for something they need. Captive market!

Regards.*chr

I seem to remember from my youth certain girls for whom champagne was an apparent necessity.

I soon learnt that they were a luxury, however captiveating they believed themselves to be.

Nick

Nick Temple-Fry 8th September 2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Temple-Fry (Post 186369)
I seem to remember from my youth certain girls for whom champagne was an apparent necessity.

I soon learnt that they were a luxury, however captiveating they believed themselves to be.

Nick

It's terrible - no one has fed me the line (and how appropriate that form of words would prove to be) I need for the second part of my response.

E-group I'm disappointed in you.

Nick