Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Olympus UK top of the shots 2016 - will you be entering? (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43658)

Ian 13th December 2016 11:50 AM

Olympus UK top of the shots 2016 - will you be entering?

Olympus UK's seasonal festive photo search is on.It's a social media challenge:

"Today we’re launching our search for 2016’s Christmas Number One… photo, that is!

From Dec 16 to Christmas Day we’ll be counting down our 10 favourite photos taken by YOU over the past 12 months. But to build our chart, we need to see your best work!

And because we’re feeling festive, the photographer behind the picture we pick as Christmas Number One will win the Olympus camera of their choice! That’s right – just choose the camera you’ve got your heart set on and if we love your photo the most, that Olympus camera will be YOURS in 2017.

To be in with a chance, upload your favourite photo from 2016 to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, and tag in #TopOfTheShots so we see your entry. In the caption make sure you tell us a little about the picture, the settings you used, and – most importantly – the Olympus camera you’d like to win if you’re chosen as No.1!

You’ve got until midday on Thurs 15 December to get your photo in, and our Top 10 Countdown will start the day after – finishing on Christmas Day when we reveal our Christmas Number One…

Don’t wait to get your shots in – if you already know what your best photo is from the past 12 months, get it online today!

*T&Cs in About Us section"

I wonder if we can get some e-group members' work recognised?! :)

Ian

pdk42 13th December 2016 12:25 PM

Re: Olympus UK top of the shots 2016 - will you be entering?

Pity it's submissions by social media only.... ah well, I guess I can fire up my Instagram account.

Zuiko 13th December 2016 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdk42 (Post 400764)
Pity it's submissions by social media only.... ah well, I guess I can fire up my Instagram account.

You should, Paul, you must be in with a chance. I've barely taken a picture during the last 12 months and certainly nothing worth entering. Maybe next year. As Ian said, it would be nice to get some E-group members recognised. *chr

benvendetta 13th December 2016 01:00 PM

I think that I have quite a few that I consider good enough to do well (not necessarily win mind you!). One won me DPI of the Year in my club a few weeks back so that'll likely be that one.

Mrs T 13th December 2016 02:01 PM

I've put one in, you've got to be in it to win it!

damianmkv 13th December 2016 02:58 PM

one entry only ?

skids 13th December 2016 05:37 PM

Thanks for the heads up Ian. Done a tweet thing with a pic. Not expecting anything but thoughts along the same lines as Mrs T above.

Mrs T 13th December 2016 07:31 PM

Nice entry!

I did mine on Facebook, but had fun trying to get it to upload!

skids 13th December 2016 07:43 PM

Thanks Mrs.T. Trying to find your entry on Facebook at the moment.

Mrs T 13th December 2016 07:46 PM

Hi Skids,

I went with this one:

Amanda

skids 13th December 2016 07:51 PM

That's my chance of winning stuffed then *chr

Mrs T 13th December 2016 07:59 PM

No, I don't think so!

Phill D 13th December 2016 11:02 PM

Blimey, so that means I've got two days to take something decent!!!
Wonder if this will get me out of Christmas shopping :rolleyes:
Nice shot Amanda. Wouldn't know how to find your tweet Skids I'm afraid but I'm sure it's brilliant.

art frames 14th December 2016 09:56 AM

Thanks Ian for pointing this out. I have entered, I hope - well I think it went. :)

MargaretR 14th December 2016 01:23 PM

Well I was about to enter, then I read the T&Cs. Which specifically exclude opting for an EM-1 MkII should you win. :mad:

Not that I would have won, but as that's what I would have wished for (already having the Pen-F), I don't see any point now! Just have to keep saving through next year.... :(