Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Olympus OM-D E-M5 (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Art Filters...how do you.. (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21057)

brianvickers 13th June 2012 05:59 AM

Art Filters...how do you..

if you have used say Grainy film, how do you then set the camera to another filter - say sepia without rotating the dial away from ART and then back again?

PeteBoo 13th June 2012 07:17 AM

Re: Art Filters...how do you..

Press the OK button and it will bring up the art fillters again.

Zuiko 13th June 2012 08:26 AM

It's also worth knowing (if I remember correctly and the E-M5 is like the E-P3) that when accessing art filters by the mode dial you are restricted to programed exposure, but if you access the filters in the menus you can use them with any exposure mode (although I'm not sure about manual). I can't check this as I no longer have my E-P3.

cariadus 13th June 2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuiko (Post 171182)
It's also worth knowing (if I remember correctly and the E-M5 is like the E-P3) that when accessing art filters by the mode dial you are restricted to programed exposure, but if you access the filters in the menus you can use them with any exposure mode (although I'm not sure about manual). I can't check this as I no longer have my E-P3.

Yes, you can do manual as well if you set it in the menu.

Ian 13th June 2012 11:39 AM

Good tip, John - I didn't know that myself.

Ian

Ross the fiddler 13th June 2012 12:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Don't forget that Art Filters are also selectable from the list of Picture Modes in the Super Control Panel (in PASM modes) & "To enable the Super Control Panel, you need to go to the '[Camera] Control Settings' option in Custom Menu, section D" & the other adjustments are also available (except contrast, sharpness, RGB adj., & gradation).

See these photos of it.
Attachment 2322

Attachment 2323

Mrs T 13th June 2012 07:44 PM

Also, in the EM-5 you can bracket art filters too, so you can choose which filters and non-filter shots you would like and take them all with just one shutter press.

I've also found that some settings carry over from the previous mode, but can't be changed when the dial is set to art. For example, in Nice I was using square frame for some shots, but if I wanted to use this format in art I had to go into A mode first and then select it. Having read some comments in this thread I'll see if I can access it through the SCP, but I think I tried that and it was 'greyed out'.

Amanda

brianvickers 13th June 2012 10:19 PM

Thanks for the responses....learnt more that I bargained for so thanks everyone!