Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce yourself (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   new member (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5472)

vikkijardhu 18th May 2009 09:39 PM

Hi I am new to any group so here goes!!!! I live not far from the coast in Ayrshire where there are many photo opportunities!!! I also have a number of dogs which I show so again plenty of Pics..... although I have a number of cameras I do not know much about them owing to pressure of business but hopefully I will learn through the group.:)

JohnGG 18th May 2009 09:43 PM

Re: new member

Welcome to the forum :)

It is a friendly place with lots of members only too willing to impart help and advice.

Cheers,

JohnGG

vikkijardhu 18th May 2009 10:11 PM

Thank you very much for the reply JohnGG on reading the comments it does come across as friendly. Regards Vikkijardhu

theMusicMan 19th May 2009 05:49 AM

Hi Vikki and a warm welcome to e-group. We are all here to help, so please don't worry about posting any of your images, we love looking at the pictures people post. You will find everyone is welcoming, will encourage you and try to help with any questions yo may have.

I look forward to seeing the landscapes and places of Ayrshire, and of course - being a dog lover myself - your doggie shots... :)

Welcome.

John

sapper 19th May 2009 09:05 AM

Welcome Vikki.
It is a friendly group and lots of advice if needed.

shirley 19th May 2009 09:05 AM

Hi ViKKi,
Welcome.
This is definitely a good place to learn there are lots of people with experience and knowledge. I have learned loads and really benefitted from critique and feedback on my pics.
Shirley

benvendetta 19th May 2009 07:51 PM

Welcome from the opposite end of the UK (almost!).

vikkijardhu 19th May 2009 08:20 PM

Hi Dave
We go to the Royal Welsh Showground in Buith Wells!!!!! lovely scenery if it does not rain, but it usually does
Vikki

Zuiko 19th May 2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikkijardhu (Post 43932)
Hi Dave
We go to the Royal Welsh Showground in Buith Wells!!!!! lovely scenery if it does not rain, but it usually does
Vikki

Hi Vikki, and welcome.

I didn't realise that sometimes it doesn't rain in Wales! :confused:

Scotland can be a triffle damp at times, too! (Or maybe that's only when I visit! :eek: )

One part of Scotland I'm not familiar with is Ayrshire so I look forward to seeing some pics. I also like dogs, although I'm really a cat person. :)

theMusicMan 19th May 2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuiko (Post 43940)
Hi Vikki, and welcome.

I didn't realise that sometimes it doesn't rain in Wales! :confused:

Scotland can be a triffle damp at times, too! (Or maybe that's only when I visit! :eek: )

One part of Scotland I'm not familiar with is Ayrshire so I look forward to seeing some pics. I also like dogs, although I'm really a cat person. :)

Oi you...:D:D

It didn't rain on Skomer for me last week... :)

skyman1 19th May 2009 09:07 PM

Welcome Vikki
I used to get sunburnt on the Clyde and on Barry Island so it doesn't always rain in Scotland and Wales :D

benvendetta 19th May 2009 09:14 PM

Thanks Vikki, you have just given me an idea for a possible Olympus UKPSG meet! If you don't know about this group visit http://ukpsg.squarespace.com
We would be pleased to have you as a member.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikkijardhu (Post 43932)
Hi Dave
Vikki

Zuiko 19th May 2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMusicMan (Post 43941)
Oi you...:D:D

It didn't rain on Skomer for me last week... :)

Sorry John, maybe I was being a little economical with the truth! :o

If I cast my mind back I do remember sunbathing on the summit of Moel Hebog in February and cutting short a backpacking trip around Snowdon because of the blistering heat one August! :)

vikkijardhu 19th May 2009 10:43 PM

Hi All
No it does not always rain but we have months and months of wet weather in Ayrshire from October onwards! but when the sunshines thats another matter you could find few places more picturesque.....and not much traffic so can visit the coast in 15mins 3 castles just up the road 1 hr to Loch Lomond so we come to England/Wales for the summer in the caravan (how perverse is that):confused:
Vikki

scanny 20th May 2009 01:18 AM

Welcome along Vikki

Another ayrshire member there are a handfull of us on here now, im down in Troon. We are certainly spoiled for beaches 10 miles either side so its a dogs paradise. Good group of people on here and they have an encyclopedic knowledge and very friendly too boot *chr, surely Arran is the nicest place to be just now, well when the sun appears and before the Midges quite descend in their millions

Enjoy

Steve