Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Nostalgia Nexus - early and pre-digital discussion (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Wartime Bridgend (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50833)

cariadus 20th June 2019 10:36 AM

Wartime Bridgend
 
Took my Agfa Isolette II to a Wartime Bridgend event last weekend. It's from the 1950s rather than 40s but it still looks the part at events like this. I also have an Isolette with an Agnar 75mm f/4.5 but it's nowhere near as sharp as the Solinar in the Isolette 2.

Anyway, the photos...
First the camera itself and then every photo from the roll of Delta 400 that I shot on the day. Wish I'd had Tri-X for a slightly more authentic look, but Delta 400 was all I had on hand.

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/isolette.jpg

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/5...01_800x600.jpg

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/5...02_800x600.jpg

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/5...03_800x600.jpg

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/5...05_800x600.jpg

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/5...04_800x600.jpg

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/5...06_800x600.jpg

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/5...09_800x600.jpg

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/5...08_800x600.jpg

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/5...07_800x600.jpg

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/5...10_800x600.jpg

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/5...12_800x600.jpg

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/5...11_800x600.jpg

Phill D 20th June 2019 10:57 AM

Re: Wartime Bridgend
 
Excellent images from a lovely little camera. Nicely done Roger.

cariadus 20th June 2019 11:17 AM

Re: Wartime Bridgend
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phill D (Post 483559)
Excellent images from a lovely little camera. Nicely done Roger.

Thanks Phil! Not many quality medium format cameras you can fold up and put in your pocket. I really should use it more often though.

OM USer 20th June 2019 11:28 AM

Re: Wartime Bridgend
 
Well done. The groups shots have come out exceptionally well.

Keith-369 20th June 2019 03:10 PM

Re: Wartime Bridgend
 
Nice captures with an authentic feel to them.

I still have the Agfa Isola1. The one where you slightly twist the front of the lens and it comes out on a tube.

cariadus 20th June 2019 06:08 PM

Re: Wartime Bridgend
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith-369 (Post 483601)
Nice captures with an authentic feel to them.

I still have the Agfa Isola1. The one where you slightly twist the front of the lens and it comes out on a tube.

I like the look of the Isola 1. A bit limited on shutter speed I believe though - isn't it limited to 1/50th sec or something?

Quote:

Originally Posted by OM USer (Post 483568)
Well done. The groups shots have come out exceptionally well.

Thanks!

Keith-369 20th June 2019 07:31 PM

Re: Wartime Bridgend
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cariadus (Post 483625)
I like the look of the Isola 1. A bit limited on shutter speed I believe though - isn't it limited to 1/50th sec or something?

Ooohhh, I really couldn't say. It must be at least 50 years since I used it *yes. It still looks like new, even though the Agfa case it's in has a weld where the strap broke. :) *chr

cariadus 21st June 2019 09:13 AM

Re: Wartime Bridgend
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith-369 (Post 483633)
Ooohhh, I really couldn't say. It must be at least 50 years since I used it *yes. It still looks like new, even though the Agfa case it's in has a weld where the strap broke. :) *chr

Obviously time to put some film in it. :)

Naughty Nigel 24th June 2019 02:45 PM

Re: Wartime Bridgend
 
You have a lovely collection of images there. The quality is perhaps a little too good for the era, but one or two details aside, such as the 21st century radio microphone, they really could have been taken in the 1940's. I would love to get along to one of these events sometime.

cariadus 26th June 2019 12:25 PM

Re: Wartime Bridgend
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naughty Nigel (Post 483904)
You have a lovely collection of images there. The quality is perhaps a little too good for the era, but one or two details aside, such as the 21st century radio microphone, they really could have been taken in the 1940's. I would love to get along to one of these events sometime.

Yes you're probably right about the quality. I also have an Isolette with an Agnar lens which is not so sharp and has more of a vintage look to it. And Tri-X probably would have suited better if I'd had any.

Fortunately I sometimes get to go to this sort of thing for work, so not only do I get to attend I get paid for it as well. :)

kpmg 26th June 2019 06:29 PM

Re: Wartime Bridgend
 
Excellent photos Roger. I particularly like the group shots.

Zuiko 26th June 2019 06:38 PM

Re: Wartime Bridgend
 
Well done for making every shot count! This is an excellent set with a real vintage feel and proof that you don't need expensive equipment to make great photographs. *chr

cariadus 26th June 2019 10:18 PM

Re: Wartime Bridgend
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpmg (Post 484147)
Excellent photos Roger. I particularly like the group shots.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuiko (Post 484148)
Well done for making every shot count! This is an excellent set with a real vintage feel and proof that you don't need expensive equipment to make great photographs. *chr

Thanks John. Not bad for a camera that cost me 30 I guess. :)
I suppose the Isolette with the Solinar lens would have been quite a high end camera in its day though.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:41 PM.


The Write Technology Ltd, 2007-2019, All rights reservedAd Management plugin by RedTyger