Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce yourself (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Hi from Bonny Scotland (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45085)

gingram 17th May 2017 07:33 PM

Hi from Bonnie Scotland
 
Hi everyone. Been lurking on the forum for a while and thought it was abut time I introduced myself.

Owned an Olympus camera for a few years now and had the E410 originally but when that developed a fault I replaced it with the 510.

I love landscape and macro photography and have been dabbling in sports, street and events more recently.

I'll post some images up in the Foto Fair and Looking for Improvement boards soon.

Thanks
George

999RAR 17th May 2017 08:04 PM

Re: Hi from Bonny Scotland
 
Hi George,

I'm a lurker as well. There's lot's of great information and advice on this site. I'm also mainly into landscape, but trying to get into wildlife as well, as there's plenty of great inspiration here in Scotland.
Alan

gingram 18th May 2017 06:31 AM

Re: Hi from Bonny Scotland
 
We do have some great locations for photography. I'll put some photos up once I have reached 5 posts.

OM USer 18th May 2017 10:00 AM

Re: Hi from Bonny Scotland
 
A warm welcome George.

Phill D 18th May 2017 10:16 AM

Re: Hi from Bonny Scotland
 
Welcome guys and keep posting, I'm waiting to see those images.

tonyfromalnwick 18th May 2017 12:34 PM

Re: Hi from Bonny Scotland
 
Welcome mate. What part of Scotland are you from. It's my favourite holiday venue, I find the people very friendly and helpful, and your scenery is sublime.

gingram 18th May 2017 01:08 PM

Re: Hi from Bonny Scotland
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyfromalnwick (Post 414758)
Welcome mate. What part of Scotland are you from. It's my favourite holiday venue, I find the people very friendly and helpful, and your scenery is sublime.

Just north of Dundee. I travel a fair bit around Scotland and favourite places are Skye and Glencoe.

tonyfromalnwick 18th May 2017 02:39 PM

Re: Hi from Bonny Scotland
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gingram (Post 414759)
Just north of Dundee. I travel a fair bit around Scotland and favourite places are Skye and Glencoe.

Nice. I really like the Perth area,not too far from Dundee, and the highlands.
We've spent many happy holidays in and around Aviemore, and regularly visit friends in Lossiemouth. Lovely country.

Phill D 18th May 2017 08:33 PM

Re: Hi from Bonny Scotland
 
Have you paid a visit to the Wee Tea Room and Photo Gallery on Skye? The owner Jon Pear used to frequent this forum and posted some cracking images. He's moved to another system now but still runs the Tea Room though. I'm told it's well worth a visit and they do wonderful cakes too. One day I'll get there myself.

Scottwin 18th May 2017 08:47 PM

Re: Hi from Bonny Scotland
 
Welcome on board!

gingram 20th May 2017 11:03 AM

Re: Hi from Bonny Scotland
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phill D (Post 414777)
Have you paid a visit to the Wee Tea Room and Photo Gallery on Skye? The owner Jon Pear used to frequent this forum and posted some cracking images. He's moved to another system now but still runs the Tea Room though. I'm told it's well worth a visit and they do wonderful cakes too. One day I'll get there myself.

I've not but I'm in that part of Skye a couple of times a year and might pop in the next time i'm passing.

MJ224 20th May 2017 02:55 PM

Re: Hi from Bonny Scotland
 
Welcome both.

Lets see some of your photos soon.

Mj*chr

gingram 25th May 2017 08:38 AM

Re: Hi from Bonny Scotland
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ224 (Post 414923)
Welcome both.

Lets see some of your photos soon.

Mj*chr

I'm away to upload some soon. :-)

gingram 25th May 2017 08:44 AM

Re: Hi from Bonny Scotland
 
I've posted an image in the Looking for improvement page.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:49 PM.


The Write Technology Ltd, 2007-2019, All rights reservedAd Management plugin by RedTyger