Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   For sale or wanted small ads (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   WANTED OM-D E-M5 & 14-54mm mkii (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26990)

FrancisSedgemore 14th May 2013 07:13 PM

OM-D E-M5 & 14-54mm mkii

I'm looking to buy...
  • E-M5 camera body
  • 14-54mm mk2 lens
  • MMF-3 lens adapter

I'd also be interested to hear from anyone who's recently been offered a 12-60mm SWD lens by a seller in SE London, possibly along with a B+W polarising filter for same. If so it could be my property, obtained fraudulently with counterfeit banknotes. Lewisham CID are disinclined to pursue the case.

sapper 15th May 2013 07:06 AM

Re: OM-D E-M5 & 14-54mm mkii

Sorry to hear of your loss. Maybe a call to your MP might chase up the police.

FrancisSedgemore 15th May 2013 10:08 AM

Thanks, Dave. I've given the story to the local press, as a new local source of counterfeit banknotes will be of interest to local traders, and writing to my MP is next on the list.

Daveart 15th May 2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrancisSedgemore (Post 228845)
I'm looking to buy...
  • E-M5 camera body
  • 14-54mm mk2 lens
  • MMF-3 lens adapter

I'd also be interested to hear from anyone who's recently been offered a 12-60mm SWD lens by a seller in SE London, possibly along with a B+W polarising filter for same. If so it could be my property, obtained fraudulently with counterfeit banknotes. Lewisham CID are disinclined to pursue the case.

Hi I am sorry to hear about this, do you still have the serial No. of the lens if so maybe get it on the forum and notify Olympus UK as they maybe able to track it through software updater.

Dave

FrancisSedgemore 15th May 2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daveart (Post 228983)
Hi I am sorry to hear about this, do you still have the serial No. of the lens if so maybe get it on the forum and notify Olympus UK as they maybe able to track it through software updater.
Dave

Today I have finally found the warranty card for the 12-60mm lens. The serial number is:

Francis

xp1 16th May 2013 07:00 AM

Keep your eye on E-bay and Amazon and if one comes up ask seller for serial number. You never know you may just get lucky. There is a site called Gumtree that is used quite a lot by local seller's here in the N/W and Gtr M/c area. Check for any similar sites in your area as well. It may be worth checking out local pawn shops as well. Hope you strike lucky.

Simon Bee 16th May 2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrancisSedgemore (Post 228845)
I'm looking to buy...
  • E-M5 camera body
  • 14-54mm mk2 lens
  • MMF-3 lens adapter

Sorry to hear that you were caught by some unscrupulous 'bar-steward' , I hope they get caught.

On a brighter note......... I have all three items you are looking for however my EM5 is not for sale, I am prepared to sell both the 14-54 mk2 and MMF3 though as I am now mainly use the Olympus primes or legacy glass.

Both are boxed and like new, PM me if you would like to discuss further.

BTW, you can buy off me with confidence and I am sure several members on this forum will confirm that.

Kind regards

Simon