Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Street Photography by Nick Turpin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Street Photography by Nick Turpin

Originally posted by RobEW View Post
    ... (I'm guessing it would be inappropriate to the genre to declutter distracting items out of the background, such as the air conditioning unit and two lights above and beyond the revolving door ...)
    I agree!
    Ok, there are no rules to photography, apart from the golden rule: that being there are no rules.
    For guidance only: I would advise looking at the background first, followed by the content between the background and the lens.
    Personally I dislike intensely Photoshopping a capture. It's an admission of failure, not being careful about clutter in the frame. Also, wherever possible, I like to keep the full image intact, without cropping. 99.9% of my film images remain FF.
    Steve

on flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricoh View Post
      I agree!
      Personally I dislike intensely Photoshopping a capture. It's an admission of failure, not being careful about clutter in the frame. Also, wherever possible, I like to keep the full image intact, without cropping. 99.9% of my film images remain FF.
      In a photography club I go to, it's almost a badge of honour to be a whizz with Photoshop and to do amazing post-processing manipulations. Untinkered photos do occasionally get accolades in their competitions, but not often. I agree - the limited opportunity for post processing with film is a good discipline.

Comment

Originally posted by RobEW View Post
        In a photography club I go to, it's almost a badge of honour to be a whizz with Photoshop and to do amazing post-processing manipulations. Untinkered photos do occasionally get accolades in their competitions, but not often. I agree - the limited opportunity for post processing with film is a good discipline.
        I gave up on photography clubs a while ago. The last group I joined had so many photoshopped images I had to resist shouting out... The worst witnessed was a picture of a female model with the moon behind her the size of a giant beach ball. Almost everyone else thought it was wonderful... "oh Dave, please tell us how you managed creating that fab image in Photoshop". I thought they were taking the pi$$, but later on they set up a tutorial group with Dave at the keyboard. God almighty give me strength.
        Steve

on flickr

Comment

Working...
        X