OMD EM1 Auto ISO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OMD EM1 Auto ISO

Hard luck. It would be wonderful if all settings could be saved to an SD card and reloaded, but it seems to be impossible or they'd have done it by now. Another one to add to the E-M1 mkII feature request list.
    Regards,
    Mark

------------------------------
    http://www.microcontrast.com
    Too much Oly gear.
    Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
    Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

After the reset the ISO is now working normally however!!...... I have a 15mm Pana attached and the viewfinder and live view image looks as if it is magnified?

However the recorded is the correct field of view with a white box showing the magnify view........ Can anyone help ...........AGAIN

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wes4390 View Post
        After the reset the ISO is now working normally however!!...... I have a 15mm Pana attached and the viewfinder and live view image looks as if it is magnified?

However the recorded is the correct field of view with a white box showing the magnify view........ Can anyone help ...........AGAIN

Thanks
        I would check to see if you have the digital teleconverter mode activated.

Ron

Comment

Sorted .....I think I had the digital/teleconvertor switched on

Comment

Have to say I've found the menu a bit daunting, but I suppose I will become a bit more proficient with use ........ really loving the camera though reminds me of my old 2SP

Comment

I was rather hopeful that the Capture software would provide the "save settings" function.
              Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone , much appreciated and

ED.... I went to Newcastle for my first holiday, my grandmother had a caravan in Tullymore, small world eh.

Comment

Welcome to the forum wes. One of the less enchanting things about the Olys is that after a major firmware upgrade, the camera wipes all your settings - fair enough I suppose, but as others have said there is no facility for backing up your current settings. The only answer is to record your changes and re-apply after an update. There are various spreadsheets around to help with this, I don't have one but I'm sure someone will point you at some suggestions.

John

Comment

Originally posted by wes4390 View Post
                    Have to say I've found the menu a bit daunting, but I suppose I will become a bit more proficient with use ........ really loving the camera though reminds me of my old 2SP
                    I bought an OM2sp (again) last month I need to get the films developed now.
                    OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

Loved mine ....sorry I sold it

Comment

there is also an option under the PAS menu to tell the camera what to do in terms of ISO, can also select upper and lower values.
                        EM-1 MK1 - No website containing any of my photos until I'm good enough!

Comment

Had similar issue. Could not set ISO. Had to do a reset on the camera

Comment

Mine functions okay, but I can't make up my mind whether I prefer auto ISO (with quite a narrow range: 200-640) or whether I prefer to alter it manually. I tend to avoid the little lever as I too often forget to return it into top position, so I use SCP to adjust it, which is a few more button presses. auto ISO sometimes seems to make the wrong compromises for my circumstances - e.g. if I have a static subject and steady support, I'd rather have a longer exposure than a higher ISO. But the camera can't know those things.

Comment

Originally posted by drmarkf View Post
                              Hard luck. It would be wonderful if all settings could be saved to an SD card and reloaded, but it seems to be impossible or they'd have done it by now. Another one to add to the E-M1 mkII feature request list.
                              I'm not a mark ii owner but I think that did make it to the spec.

I'm sure they could add it to the E-M1 Classic spec with a firmware update if they wanted, but they might not want to. Would be useful not only to reinstate settings after updates (or flat battery - I noticed that lost all my settings on a rarely used E-M5 II. It would also be useful if you have two bodies which you want to keep in step.

On of my bet beefs on the menus. when you want to save a set of settings to a Myset, you press a button labelled "set". And when you want to load a set of settings from a Myset, you also use a button labelled "set". It's too easy to get this wrong. The buttons should be labelled something like "Load" and "Save" or similar.

Comment

Originally posted by RobEW View Post
                                I'm not a mark ii owner but I think that did make it to the spec.

I'm sure they could add it to the E-M1 Classic spec with a firmware update if they wanted, but they might not want to. Would be useful not only to reinstate settings after updates (or flat battery - I noticed that lost all my settings on a rarely used E-M5 II. It would also be useful if you have two bodies which you want to keep in step.

On of my bet beefs on the menus. when you want to save a set of settings to a Myset, you press a button labelled "set". And when you want to load a set of settings from a Myset, you also use a button labelled "set". It's too easy to get this wrong. The buttons should be labelled something like "Load" and "Save" or similar.
                                Regards,
                                Mark

------------------------------
                                http://www.microcontrast.com
                                Too much Oly gear.
                                Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
                                Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Working...
                                X