Competition: REALLY Bad Landscapes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Thread Competition: REALLY Bad Landscapes

Just a bit of fun, leading on from this thread.

Let's see who can produce not only the most badly composed landscape, but also the most boring. Oh, and it also needs a pretentious and meaningless caption to give it creedence, along the lines of

I would post an example of what I have in mind but I will have to shoot specifically because I don't have anything nearly bad enough!

Happy shooting!
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Re: Competition: REALLY Bad Landscapes

I took this one as a record shot when reporting some fly tipping to the local council...however, I now think I seriously underestimated it...

"The artist one day falls through a hole in the brambles, and from that moment he is following the dark rapids of an underground river which may sometimes flow so near to the surface that the laughing picnic parties are heard above"

Janet

PS. That's a genuine pretentious quote from Cyril Connolly...
    My flickr photostream....

Comment

I thought I'd already won that with my Everywhere Trees photo earlier this week!
      Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Here's mine.

Comment

Hey great idea John I've never had any problems taking rubish photographs in the past...er
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Massive fail Pete...there's actually something of merit in there!

Janet

Comment

Here's mine.
              Agree with Janet.
              That's the A93 a couple of miles north of the Spittal of Glenshee looking towards the Devil's Elbow.
              Far too interesting. Disqualified immediately.

There are also the pretentious rubbish things in the BJP which are given unjustified credence as art.
              Duncan

Lots of toys.

Comment

...as my previous entry has recently been sold for an undisclosed sum to a discerning art lover, I will reluctantly have to withdraw it and replace with another..

Hours of soul searching and reaching deep into my inner self produced this, my master work..the lines leading the viewer deep along the road into the future (well, the trip to my local supermarket this morning...)

"Impression is not enough. Design, style, technique - these, too, are not enough. Art must reach further than impression or self-revelation" (Ansel Adams)

Janet

Comment

I the wake of previous "artists", but taking it one step further; imagin please, the following is on a card, presented in place of an actual image...

Must go and take a close up picture of the bottom of a bird cage...

The deposits will make their own statement to the viewer.
                  Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Will comment in more detail later, but am off out in a minute to try to come up with something really bad.
                    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Oh dear, I thought I remembered one which I'd thought was the dog's danglies when I took it, and even entered it into to local horticultural show. Here it is. If it's not boring enough I'm the world's worst deleter and I take lots and lots and lots of rubbish so I'm sure I could find something. It's a good opportunity for a clearout anyway.
                      Attached Files
                      http://lindagruchy.wordpress.com/

My Flickr Photostream

Comment

Oh, I forgot the pretentious twaddle didn't I. I'll call it the Azure Horizon. The blue moods match the northerly latitudes of the mind, where Boreas blows in faint whispers.
                        http://lindagruchy.wordpress.com/

My Flickr Photostream

Comment

Lonely Snow.

Can you see it?

Lonely Snow by Kevin Fairgrieve, on Flickr

Today I am ready for yesterday...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevinfairgrieve/

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                            Just a bit of fun,<snip>

I would post an example of what I have in mind but I will have to shoot specifically because I don't have anything nearly bad enough!

Happy shooting!
                            Are we allowed to comment on each others entries in the magniloquent prosaic platitudinous style of the "Critics"
                            Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Re: Well I think this landscape would have been great

Had the light made it remotely worth me taking the camera out of the bag......

Comment

Working...
                              X