Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Competition: REALLY Bad Landscapes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Competition: REALLY Bad Landscapes

Originally posted by snaarman View Post
    Greetings fellow art lovers. I would like to thank the Olympus Committe for their inspired and well informed decision. I can now reveal that this influential and seminal piece will shortly be available to important Galleries and International Institutions for display.

The piece must be displayed in a very specific manner at the insistance of the Artist.

It comprises three identical prints forming a Tiptych. The elements representing Past, Present and Future.

These three elements are to be hung and displayed facing the wall. Members of the public and members of the gallery staff must never see the front of the piece. The Artist will supervise the installation to ensure this is the case.

It can be seen that the elements combine to make a four part Triptych comprising Past, Present, Future and Never.

The Artist will accept offers for the work by private bid.

Snaartworks.
    Pete, I knew I could rely upon you to make a suitable acceptance speech. I love the bit about hanging the works face against the wall!
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
      FIX! it's a FIX! His tap's been phoned! How can someone who, throughout the year, has blatantly exhibited such disregard for the principles of this competition by producing such Emin-esque photos, be awarded such a prestigious prize? I demand that his duck house be demolished immediately!
      Brilliant!
      John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by LMGruchy View Post
        I was going to suggest that winners of this sort of prestigious prize be called Olympians, but I believe the rem is used for some trivial sports thing,

so I suggest the term Olympussy be granted in perpetuity to all such winners
        Great suggestion.
        John

Comment

When I first read this post my eyes missed out the "m" .....
          Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

In the light of one certain 'Woman in the Woods' image that was posted by an entrant to this competition, I'm just a touch worried that when the gutter press read this suggestion that they will believe this Forum to be a den of iniquity, a veritable sodom and gomorrah, nay even a place of debauchery. Woe is eye's, for nowt worse than the front page of the ye olde Dailie Fail will befall me.

Oh well, here comes the van with triangular wheels . . . oh sorry, it's actually the Christies Fine Art Auctioneers van come for my artwork!

Regards
            Chris
            If I'm out I'm JustSwanningAround
            or more often at www.facebook.com/JustSwanningAround

Comment

Well done to the winners and John I for one can't wait for the sequel.
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

SEQUEL Yeah John ... and the next theme is ... ? ...
                [I].
                I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
                Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
                  SEQUEL Yeah John ... and the next theme is ... ? ...
                  I'll have to think about that one!
                  John

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                    I'll have to think about that one!
                    I accept it will be tough, but I'm convinced we are up to the challenge of taking on:

Taylor Wessing Winning Portraits

Google it and see what you think
                    Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
                      I accept it will be tough, but I'm convinced we are up to the challenge of taking on:

Taylor Wessing Winning Portraits

Google it and see what you think
                      Good idea, Graham - see this thread.
                      John

Comment

Fantastic thread - and I'm gutted I've been away and missed all the fun!
                        Keep it up with more of the same!

Cindy

Cameras: EM1 MK2 and Mk1, E-620, E-410, Om4Ti
                        Lenses: 12-60, 50-200, Panny 100-400, 9-18, ZD 50mm, 14-54 Mk1, 70-300, 40-150, 14-42, OM 50mm F3.5 macro
                        Also: EC14, EX25, FS35, Vanguard tripod, and far too many bags!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        "The air of heaven is that which flows between a horse's ears...."

Comment

Working...
                        X