Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Hi from North Essex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from North Essex

Hi all
    Peter here from N. Essex. Years ago (too many) I owned a Zenith SLR but when it "died" my interest waned . In 2007 my new hobby of birdwatching led me to Digiscoping but I was never able to obtain the results I wanted. So in late 2007 when my wife (SWMBO) said " why don't you get a Camera for Christmass ? " I treated myself to an E-410. ( I think she actually had a P&S in mind but it was too late then ). I soon added a ZD 70-300 to the kit lenses and was very pleased with the results. As happens I wanted more and so invested more in a Bigma and sadly had to sell the 70-300 to finance it. Then of course I found that I really needed IS so traded in the 410 for a 510 which is what I now use. I have been visiting this group for some time now and have found it a most helpful and friendly place and I have learnt a lot already. I have been inspired by what I have seen here to expand my photography into other areas than nature and my New Years Resolution was to join and take part. So here I am!

Peter
    Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
    OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
    Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Re: Hi from North Essex

Wecome Peter. I too started my SLR experience with a Zenith - an EM model - back in 1980 I believe. I've not been on here very long myself but I can promise you it's a really helpful and friendly site.
    Paul

Comment

Hi again

Forgot to say I recently bought the ZD9-18. What a lens, it has amazed me. Now I have to get to grips with correcting perspective in GIMP. I have posted some recent shots taken with this and some other shots from this year in my gallery.
      Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
      OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
      Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Welcome Peter! Don`t be afraid to ask for any help, we will do our best!

Comment

Working...
        X