Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

Hello,

My name is Carl and I live in Cambridgeshire.

I am old enough to have owned and used an Olympus OM2 camera (I still own it)

I have used Nikon cameras for a while but discovered the advantages of the smaller 4/3 format and in particular the E-M5

I fly light aircraft as a hobby and the image stabilisation of the Olympus makes it ideal for taking aerial photos, although on some light aircraft it does interfere with the radio!

As a longtime Mac user I use Lightroom and Photoshop and am amazed at the amount of detail in RAW photos from the camera, even really dark night shots can be 'adjusted' to show details not evident in the original photo.

Thanks
    Carl

Re: Hi

Welcome Carl, you will get lots of friendly help here!
    Steve
    My Flickr: https://flic.kr/ps/HRVVS

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something" - Steven Wright

Comment

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

A warm welcome Carl.
        Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
        Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
        Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
        Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
        Learn something new every day

Comment

Hi Carl and welcome to the forum. It will be interesting to see some of your aerial shots.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome, as soon as I figure out how to share images I will.

Carl

Comment

Originally posted by carls View Post
              Thanks everybody for the warm welcome, as soon as I figure out how to share images I will.

Carl
              When you upload an image to the gallery, you can then copy its URL and simply paste that into your posts:

for external URLs, paste the link into the area provided by the Picture Icon

Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Welcome Carl. I'm an ex Cambs resident and ex private pilot too (gliders and SEP). Where and what do you fly?
                Paul
                E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
                flickr
                Portfolio Site
                Instagram

Comment

Yes a warm welcome Carl.

Look forward to seeing your photo's.

Good luck.............
                  Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Welcome. They're a friendly and helpful lot here. Like you, I'm old enough to have used an OM2N, which I still have.

Comment

Hi, I fly various planes out of Duxford, a Cherokee, a Warrior, a Robin HR200 and a Tobago TB10.. It's nice to have a choice depending on where and what you want to do.. This also explains why I am after a s/h MarkI E-M1 rather than a new MarkII E-M2 :-)

Carl

Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
                      Welcome Carl. I'm an ex Cambs resident and ex private pilot too (gliders and SEP). Where and what do you fly?

Comment

This also explains why I am after a s/h MarkI E-M1 rather than a new MarkII E-M2 :-)

Carl
                        Is it because you are afraid of dropping the camera from a great height...
                        Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by MJ224 View Post
                          Is it because you are afraid of dropping the camera from a great height...
                          Yes, but that's why I want an Olympus rather than my old Nikon.. being smaller it won't do as much damage

Comment

Yes, but that's why I want an Olympus rather than my old Nikon.. being smaller it won't do as much damage
                            I'll wear my tin hat then when I visit................
                            Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Hi, I fly various planes out of Duxford, a Cherokee, a Warrior, a Robin HR200 and a Tobago TB10.. It's nice to have a choice depending on where and what you want to do.. This also explains why I am after a s/h MarkI E-M1 rather than a new MarkII E-M2 :-)

Carl
                              Ah, OK. I flew gliders at Gransden Lodge for many years and also flew the tugs there (a Piper Pawnee, a Rally and a Robin 300). The Robin was lovely but the Pawnee was a beast and strangely rewarding to fly in an agricultural way! Many of the members at GRL remembered the days when the gliding club was at Duxford, but they moved just before I joined them.

I went to the Battle of Britain display at Duxford back in 2010 and got some great shots (all on a Canon unfortunately):

IMG_1651_1280 by Paul Kaye, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_k...57626984638034
                              Paul
                              E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
                              flickr
                              Portfolio Site
                              Instagram

Comment

Working...
                              X