Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

New User

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New User

Hi All,

I thought it would be appropriate to introduce myself.

I am new to the forum, and stumbled across it whilst searching for topics relating to astrophotography and IR modification.

Two areas of photography which I intend to focus a little more time on this next year.

I have been an Olympus user all of my "Photographic" life, with my first digital camera being a 2MP Camedia C-2500 which I bought second hand (and still have).

I am currently using E3, E620, E400 (converted for IR) along with an EP-2/PL-3.

I am hoping that this forum/usergroup will provide a wealth of knowledge on everything from customising lens mounts to choosing the correct settings whilst using long exposures.

So that's me, I will use search as often as possible (don't worry!!), if anyone wants to know anything further, then please do not hesitate to contact me!!

Best Regards,

OT

Re: New User

Welcome aboard.

Mmmmm modifying lens mounts. This sounds promising.
    Glad to have you with us.

"Always shoot in RAW and avoid JPEGs"

William Shakespeare.

Comment

Thanks,

I find it difficult now to find adaptors for 4/3 lenses. Loads for m43 but not always what I want/need!

I will be sure to have a search this evening.

Comment

Welcome to the group. Good to have another Essex member, our numbers are growing.

Not sure I understand your question about adapters for 4/3 lenses. What do you want to adapt them to?

Regards.
        Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
        OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
        Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Hi Peter,

I use quite a few Pentax lenses (50m 1.7 is my favourite at the moment) and I have a few C mount TV lenses for m4/3 (unbranded TV lenses inc 12mm .95 and 50mm .95) and I would really like to use these with my 4/3 bodies. But there doesn't seem to be anything out there.

Kind Regards,

Comment

Talk to SRB Griturn.
            They seem to be able to make adapters for just about nay purpose.

"Always shoot in RAW and avoid JPEGs"

William Shakespeare.

Comment

I don't think C-mount lenses will focus to infinity on a 4/3 body, the register is probably to long.
              It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

Hi Guys, thanks for all your responses, I will be sure to direct any questions to the relevant discussion boards.

Kind Regards,

Liam

Comment

Working...
                X