Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Hello from south London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from south London

Hi, I joined some time ago but I think I forgot to introduce myself - sorry!

I have several FT lenses for my Lumix bodies, including two from Olympus, but now I'd like to get an Olympus body with IS, probably the E-30.

I mainly want to take pictures of buildings, which always grab my eye wherever I am, but I'm not finding it easy. I've been reading about shift lenses but chickened out of buying an OM Zuiko 24mm Shift on ebay the other day... How would it work on FT? I've not found any examples.

Anyway, I look forward to learning more here - I've already learned quite a bit!

Thanks,

Nick

Re: Hello from south London

Hi Nick and hello from a fellow South Londoner! Are you free on the second Friday in May? We have a South Bank walk after work.

Cheers,

Jon
    thephotographersblock.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by JonSchick View Post
      Hi Nick and hello from a fellow South Londoner! Are you free on the second Friday in May? We have a South Bank walk after work.

Cheers,

Jon
      Hi Jon,

If that's the 11th, as far as I know, yes - can you tell me more?

Thanks,

Nick

Comment

Great - will start around Waterloo in the early evening (c6pm) and walk along Thames path towards London Bridge. There's a separate thread in the events section on this site and I'll be posting more details v soon.

Cheers,

Jon
        thephotographersblock.wordpress.com

Comment

Welcome Nick ! Looks like you have a Buddy already ! Have agreat outing and look forward to seeing some shots.
          London has much of the finest architecture (says she born & bred west end now escaped, or served my time?)
          [I].
          I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
          Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Thank you, Jon, I'll check the other thread and keep an eye out.

Best wishes,

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
              Welcome Nick ! Looks like you have a Buddy already ! Have agreat outing and look forward to seeing some shots.
              London has much of the finest architecture (says she born & bred west end now escaped, or served my time?)
              Thanks! Yes, London has lots of great architecture - and also lots of real stinkers, too, which I like to look at in an effort to understand why they're so ugly! I've been thinking of starting a blog along those lines - but I have some 'real' work I absolutely have to finish first. Mind you, I'll probably escape one day too...

Hm, if I actually manage to take any good ones, I promise to post them!

All the best,

Nick

Comment

Working...
              X