• Show
Clear All

• Junior Member, Member, Senior

Hi

What does it all mean?

Mike
    welshlandscaper

Re: Junior Member, Member, Senior

It means some of us spend too much of our lives on the computer and some of us don't! In other words, it's related to how many posts on the forum you make.
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Yes indeed .. number of posts and not just being an Old "F**t" like some of us (Yes John I mean people like us)

Regards
      Andy
      My Kit (OK I'm a hoarder...)
      4/3 E500, E510, E30 + 35macro, 50macro, 7-14, 11-22, 14-45 (x2), 14-54, 40-150 (both types), 50-200, 70-300, 50-500,
      m 4/3 EM1MkII + 60 macro, 12-100 Pro
      FL20, FL36 x2 , FL50, cactus slaves etc.
      The Boss (Mrs Shenstone) E620, EM10-II, 14-41Ez, 40-150R, 9 cap and whatever she can nick from me when she wants it

My places
      http://www.shenstone.me.uk
      http://landroverkaty.blogspot.com/
      https://vimeo.com/shenstone
      http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by shenstone View Post
        (Yes John I mean people like us)

Regards
        Andy
        Hi Andy,

I don't disagree, in fact my wife often describes me thus.
        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

It goes something like this................... 1-20 posts = junior member. 21-100 posts = member. 101 + = senior member. As you can see though being a senior member does not mean they give you the answer you were looking for (ref. Last 2 posts)
          Regards James.

Comment

Originally posted by E-3 View Post
            It goes something like this................... 1-20 posts = junior member. 21-100 posts = member. 101 + = senior member. As you can see though being a senior member does not mean they give you the answer you were looking for (ref. Last 2 posts)
            Bob

To see what is in front of one's nose requires constant struggle.
            GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

Originally posted by BobS View Post
              So what then is a 'veteran' member? I'm sure I've seen one with a post
              You should have gone to spec savers!
              Regards James.

Comment

Really it's just a hangover from the fact that the software that runs this board is a generic product, used by lots of boards all with differring requirements.

Some boards are more hierarchic and give kudos/power/respect to those that waste a lot of time posting.

Here we should base our judgements on the quality of the posters photographs, their general attitude on the board and the usefulness of the comments.

Ian could quite possibly spend many happy days tinkering with all the code/features so that only the most useful features, for this group, appear. He could then have the pleasure of repeating that exercise every time the software is upgraded.

Or we could ignore these labels and just enjoy the group. The labels are meaningless (other than for the hampers of Olympus goodies all Senior Members get on Christmas and their birthdays - thanks Ian).

Nick
                Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
                www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by E-3 View Post
                  You should have gone to spec savers!
                  Ha, ha! Someone watches too much tele.

It's the member with the moniker 'SHAW' described as a veteran in the Members List. (And I would never go to Specsavers)
                  Bob

GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

Originally posted by BobS View Post
                    Ha, ha! Someone watches too much tele.

It's the member with the moniker 'SHAW' described as a veteran in the Members List. (And I would never go to Specsavers)
                    Hi BobS
                    Thanks for noticing that. I did not know that I was a veteran member until just now. It must have been a slip of my veteran fingers on the keyboard at some time. I think I will change it to 'senior' and visit Specsavers for an eye test
                    Thanks again.
                    Stewart

My Zenfolio Site
                    My Portfolio Site

Olympus: E-M1 Mk11 | PEN-F + ECG-4 | XZ-1 | Lumix: G9 | LX100
                    Zuiko: 40-150 Pro + MC-14 | 12-100 Pro | 7-14 Pro | 17 | 45 | 60 | OM 135
                    Leica: 100-400 | 12-60 Lumix: 12-32 Samyang: 7.5 fisheye

Comment

... and you can always edit your title

Pete
                      Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.

Comment

You can edit it to be anything you want

I could become a "young and hansome member" , but then those who've met me would start posting pictures to refute it

regards
                        Andy
                        My Kit (OK I'm a hoarder...)
                        4/3 E500, E510, E30 + 35macro, 50macro, 7-14, 11-22, 14-45 (x2), 14-54, 40-150 (both types), 50-200, 70-300, 50-500,
                        m 4/3 EM1MkII + 60 macro, 12-100 Pro
                        FL20, FL36 x2 , FL50, cactus slaves etc.
                        The Boss (Mrs Shenstone) E620, EM10-II, 14-41Ez, 40-150R, 9 cap and whatever she can nick from me when she wants it

My places
                        http://www.shenstone.me.uk
                        http://landroverkaty.blogspot.com/
                        https://vimeo.com/shenstone
                        http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by shenstone View Post
                          You can edit it to be anything you want

I could become a "young and hansome member" , but then those who've met me would start posting pictures to refute it

regards
                          Andy
                          That reads as a "young and cabbie member" (if you omitted the 'e' on hansome. Is that what you really are. Bet you could take some very interesting shots of goings on in the back of the cab.
                          Bob

GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

Originally posted by Shaw View Post
                            Hi BobS
                            Thanks for noticing that. I did not know that I was a veteran member until just now. It must have been a slip of my veteran fingers on the keyboard at some time. I think I will change it to 'senior' and visit Specsavers for an eye test
                            Thanks again.
                            I think most of us are veterans, anyway, judging by the "grumpy old men" posts.

to all the veterans.
                            Last edited by BobS; 7th August 2010, 09:17 PM. Reason: Changed word
                            Bob

GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

Working...
                            X