• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONFIRMED: West Wales & Skomer Island meet: June 4th/5th 2010

Hi All

Skomer Island eGroup Meet: JUNE 3rd and/or 4th and/or 5th
    Spring/Summer 2010
    Last edited by theMusicMan; 10th May 2010, 12:03 PM.
    John

Re: Skomer Island meet: Spring 2010

John

I would be up for it, and would stay over due to distance

Biggest problem I have is lot of business travelling over the next 6 months so the earlier a date can be set the better for me

Dave

Comment

I would love to tag along & get some good Puffin shots..........................................onl y problem is I have only been a member for afew days, so don`t know if I qualify to go on the trip?
      Regards James.

Comment

Definitely up for it (Me+1) depending on work / timing as I have a lot of weeknds already booked this year

Re acommodation - We may well camp if everywhere's looking booked & the forecast is good

As John already knows timing is everything if you want to get the pictures of sandeels in mouths and you need to plan on being out on the 1st boat and back on the last to get the best time

Regards
        Andy
        My Kit (OK I'm a hoarder...)
        4/3 E500, E510, E30 + 35macro, 50macro, 7-14, 11-22, 14-45 (x2), 14-54, 40-150 (both types), 50-200, 70-300, 50-500,
        m 4/3 EM1MkII + 60 macro, 12-100 Pro
        FL20, FL36 x2 , FL50, cactus slaves etc.
        The Boss (Mrs Shenstone) E620, EM10-II, 14-41Ez, 40-150R, 9 cap and whatever she can nick from me when she wants it

My places
        http://www.shenstone.me.uk
        http://landroverkaty.blogspot.com/
        https://vimeo.com/shenstone
        http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/

Comment

I would be interested John. Would be a good opportunity to hire the 90-250mm lens and see how it performs.

Steve
          Old divers never die, they just go down on old wrecks
          Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but bubbles
          My website

Comment

I tried booking an accommodation on Skomer for the spring a while ago & everything was booked out already, at least for the "interesting" months (i.e. when the Puffins have their chicks). However, there seemed plenty of room before April and after July/August. Apparently, you have to book 2 years ahead?!?

Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by E-3 View Post
              I would love to tag along & get some good Puffin shots..........................................onl y problem is I have only been a member for afew days, so don`t know if I qualify to go on the trip?
              Hi E-3

I am sure no one here would say no just because your new to the forum, the trips are a good way to meet fellow e-system users and see various bits of kit.

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Teresa and I would probably come.....depending on dates.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckdiver View Post
                  I would be interested John. Would be a good opportunity to hire the 90-250mm lens and see how it performs.

Steve
                  You would be more than welcome to have a go with mine (If John lets me come)......................................not that this is any kind of bribe
                  Regards James.

Comment

Originally posted by E-3 View Post
                    You would be more than welcome to have a go with mine (If John lets me come)......................................not that this is any kind of bribe
                    That's very kind of you to offer. You do realise that once I have the lens you will have lost it for the remainder of the day

John, E-3 should most definitely be given high priority on this trip

Steve
                    Old divers never die, they just go down on old wrecks
                    Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but bubbles
                    My website

Comment

I'd be interested, definately have to book accomodation though.

Paul

Comment

Can I come if I stick an Olympus label over the Panasonic logo on my camera?

I'm sure there will be a camping/caravanning site near enough for us to stop over.

Comment

Originally posted by mike_j View Post
                          Can I come if I stick an Olympus label over the Panasonic logo on my camera?

I'm sure there will be a camping/caravanning site near enough for us to stop over.
                          If I remember rightly there was campsite on the road down to St Martins Haven. When we passed by last year it looked like a group were getting ready to walk the 500yds down to the ferry - maybe Musicman will have more info, if not it must be online somewhere...

I'll put my name down as a tentative yes to this - I definitely want to go back there some time this year but It's going to be a very busy summer so it will depend on dates and a bit of good luck that it won't clash with anything...

Comment

There are definitely a number of reaonable campsites in the Marloes area and a pub in Marloes

There are more facilities over at Broadhaven which is just 20 minutes away

I for one would plan to make a weekend of it. There are plenty of other intersting places in the area or on the way. Penbroke/Carew Castles both on the way home if you take the southern route. Oakwood Theme park (no thanks!) & Many More

Regards
                            Andy
                            My Kit (OK I'm a hoarder...)
                            4/3 E500, E510, E30 + 35macro, 50macro, 7-14, 11-22, 14-45 (x2), 14-54, 40-150 (both types), 50-200, 70-300, 50-500,
                            m 4/3 EM1MkII + 60 macro, 12-100 Pro
                            FL20, FL36 x2 , FL50, cactus slaves etc.
                            The Boss (Mrs Shenstone) E620, EM10-II, 14-41Ez, 40-150R, 9 cap and whatever she can nick from me when she wants it

My places
                            http://www.shenstone.me.uk
                            http://landroverkaty.blogspot.com/
                            https://vimeo.com/shenstone
                            http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/

Comment

I would love to get to Skomer, however as it's over the other side of the country I'll need to make a long weekend of it.

The longer notice you can give of the chosen date the more likely I can arrange something.

Regards

Simon

Comment

Working...
                              X