Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Duxford 04June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duxford 04June

Anyone going to Duxford IWM on the 4th June?? I have arranged a trip with 2 friends who contacted me a while back and will be there on the 4th. Looks like as one of the guys is a very keen aviation buff with many contacts that we may be getting a chance to be on board (whilst not in the air I might add ) the lead Dakota which has flown in from the USA and was the lead plane in the WW2 D Day parachute jump !! This will be a once in a lifetime opportunity, just make sure my camera is ready and primed eh...

If anyone else is visiting on the day I would be happy to meet up somewhere during the day.

Cheers

Peter
    OMD-EM1 Mk2, 40-150. f2.8Pro, MC-14 converter, 7-14mm 2.8, 17mm 1.8, 45mm 1.8G, OM50mm 1.8, OM 28mm F2.8, OM 200mm F4 Giottos Silk Road YTL8384Tripod Giottos MH5011 head FL36 and other bits and bobs...
    “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
    www.flickr.com/photos/141996687@N02/

Regards,
    Mark

------------------------------
    http://www.microcontrast.com
    Too much Oly gear.
    Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
    Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Re: Duxford 04June

I thought I'd had a few more planes fly over then normal! I'd forgotten the airshow this weekend!
      I didn’t get where I am today....

Comment

Originally posted by Walti View Post
        I thought I'd had a few more planes fly over then normal! I'd forgotten the airshow this weekend!
        I'll be in touch next time I might be able to go, Paul. A friend of mine lives in Whittlesford and has his ear to the ground to the various events on at the airfield.
        Regards,
        Mark

------------------------------
        http://www.microcontrast.com
        Too much Oly gear.
        Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
        Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

I’m late spotting this, I would like to have gone. Is it an annual event?

Comment

Check out the IWM website, there's usually three airshows per year, next one is this coming weekend. NB advance ticket only.

Comment

IWM Duxford website: Here!

Comment

Originally posted by Walti View Post
                Check out the IWM website, there's usually three airshows per year, next one is this coming weekend. NB advance ticket only.
                Thanks Walti, very helpful!

Though I may not make the one this weekend - my son is getting married!

Comment

Originally posted by Rokey View Post
                  Thanks Walti, very helpful!

Though I may not make the one this weekend - my son is getting married!
                  Pah! that's a bit of a lame excuse in my books!

I hope the wedding goes well and you enjoy yourself!

Comment

Working...
                  X