Rutland Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rutland Water

I am willing to organise a day at Rutland Water if anyone is interested. If you don't know it, it is (arguably) the largest artificial lake in the UK and has a superb nature reserve. Around the water, and in the surrounding villages, there are some great landscape opportunities and on the right day you can get excellent sailing and surfboarding action shots.

The main point of interest may be that I should be able to organise a guided walk around the nature reserve so you will be able to photograph from all the hides and also have the benefit of an expert guide for the morning to help you tell the difference between a sparrow and a sparrowhawk (dinner if you don't know!)

In the last week there have been kingfishers, a bittern, water rail, otters and plenty of water birds and waders.

I'm flexible as to date - suggestions please.

Re: Rutland Water

Nice walk right round it too... great photo ops

Comment

Sounds good.

I'll try my best to be there.

Might be best in March/April when the birds a breeding and there's plenty of light.
      All the best

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr

Comment

Yes please. I usually go just for the Birdfair so would like to come for a proper visit.

thank you

Peter
        Peter (Art Frames)

You can see some of my things on Flickr

Comment

I'm in dependant on date.
          sigpicDave

Comment

I'm not sure if it's a comfortable return drive for me, but (subject to that and, of course, the date) I'm interested.

I have to say that birds are not my particular thing, but I seem to recall that there's a church left almost in the middle of the water??

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Riddell View Post
              I'm not sure if it's a comfortable return drive for me, but (subject to that and, of course, the date) I'm interested.

I have to say that birds are not my particular thing, but I seem to recall that there's a church left almost in the middle of the water??

Andrew
              Do you mean this one?

Comment

That's it!

Andrew

Comment

Mike, thanks for suggesting this - Rutland Water and the surrounding area would make for a cracking event... I'm sure we'll have lots of interest from the Safari Group members in the area.

The church is very photogenic.

Map Reference and detailed event discussion.

Looking forward to it!

Kind Regards

Brian

Comment

Sorry guys, I have scanned up and down the thread and can't see a proposed or agreed date. If I have missed it - sorry . Its been a long day.

Otherwise, and again dependent on date, I would try to attend being quite close. Incidentally, the Church is at Normanton (see the Brians Olympus Google Map and Reference link)

Regards

Graydon
                    My RedBubble pages

Comment

Comment

Mike,

I almost certainly wouldn't be able to do Thursday 19th March, but probably could make it on the Sunday.

Regards,

Andrew

Comment

Sunday looks good for me.

Rod

Comment

Comment

This is one of my favorite sites and I will certainly be there, keep me posted

Barrie Norman
                              Barrie Norman

http://bwpn.zenfolio.com/

http://naturalhistorycambs.blogspot.com/

Digital Equipment: Olympus E1 - E30 - E-500 | EC-14 & EC-20 Teleconverter | Zukio 14-45mm, 40-150mm, 150mm F/2, 50-200mm SWD, 70-300mm | Sigma 10-20mm F/4-5.6 SLD, 18-50 f/2.8 EX DC MACRO, 150 F2.8 Macro & 50-500mm (Bigma) |Tamron 135mm f/2.5 Macro 200mm f/3.5 | Optecka 800mm f/8 Prime | Wallimax 500mm F/6.3 Mirror Lens | Metz Mecablitz 36 AF-4 O Digital Flash | Manfrotto 055XB Tripod, Opticron Carbon Fibre "Traveller" Tripod, Sidewinder Gimbal Head, Manfratto 676B monopod, Manfrotto 322RC2 Head Lowpro Nature Trekker AWII, Lowpro Vertex 100 AW and Lowpro Toploader Pro 75 AW.

Comment

Working...
                              X