Nutcracker Rehearsal 10th December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nutcracker Rehearsal 10th December

Is anyone else going to this Olympus event on Wednesday?

I was lucky enough to get a place and can't wait for the opportunity to shoot some ballet, a long desired opportunity

Re: Nutcracker Rehearsal 10th December

I missed this.

What an opportunity! Looking forward to seeing your pictures.
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

I missed that too. Never been to a ballet either. That's two of us looking forward to seeing your shots Brian.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

My daughter who is studying for her MA at the RCA got an invite to the ENB rehearsal studio in Kensington to see a rehearsal of this last week.So I've seen some of her sketches.
        I think you're in for a treat.
        All the best

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr

Comment

Was wondering when the tickets were going to appear.

Comment

I went to a National Dance Company Wales rehearsal in Dance City Newcastle, and it was great to try out a few photo ideas in testing conditions - low light, no flash meant a chance to try sow shutter speeds! I tried for this one as well as should be a great event and I look forward to seeing the resulting photos from the lucky ones to get to this event.
            Regards Chris
            If I'm out I'm JustSwanningAround
            or more often at www.facebook.com/JustSwanningAround

Comment

Hi Brian. Yes I was lucky too and will be there. I'm really looking forward to the opportunity.
              Best regards
              Claire

Comment

Originally posted by Eclairewilliams View Post
                Hi Brian. Yes I was lucky too and will be there. I'm really looking forward to the opportunity.
                Best regards
                Claire
                Very much looking forward to seeing what is produced.

Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Dam, and i thought i was the only lucky winner ;-) looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Itinerary provided - 1345 main door / 1400 start. Introduction followed by presentation by Sisi Burn. Olympus OM-D E-M10 cameras handed out, along with a memory card for use during two photography sessions with a 15 minute break in between to swap lenses and equipment. Event scheduled to finish 16.30.

Comment

Brian, I cannot believe I did not SEE THIS post before going to the Ballet and MISSED YOU mega at that

It was AWESOME I met up with Claire (above) and Trev and Chris in Starbucks nearly opposite the Coliseum, before and Claire and I walked to Charing Cross going home

It is as if Christmas came early for me I was ecstatic with excitement last Thursday and could not get to sleep ... thinking about Lenses and Settings ... eventually Monday came around and only two more sleeps ZZZ zzz and this morning I was early for the Coach to Victoria and just got home and uploaded my images and even more EXCITED I do not know how that can be but it was a terrific day - I got to use the 40-150 (and shared with with two others)

I am going to bed dreaming about which TEN IMAGES to seek approval for ... and shall spend the WHOLE weekend on them

I know Claire had a great day and hope you did too Brian ???
                    [I].
                    I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
                    Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Damn, how come I didn't see (or hear) you there

Yes a great day but I was stuck with the 12-40 which was too short so all my images need a heavy crop, not good working at IS3200

How did you find the 40-150?

Lots of pics to screen, mostly duds but a few not too bad I hope, I look forward to seeing your results

Comment

Originally posted by brian1208 View Post
                        Damn, how come I didn't see (or hear) you there

Yes a great day but I was stuck with the 12-40 which was too short so all my images need a heavy crop, not good working at IS3200

How did you find the 40-150?

Lots of pics to screen, mostly duds but a few not too bad I hope, I look forward to seeing your results

Brian, I was with Claire I was wearing a purple fleece (Jack Wolfskin), bright Lilac/purple scarf at the neck, black T shirt and denim Jeans and have blonde/beige hair, in exceedingly comfy and warm walking boots of brown suede and leather (horse riding boots) ... and .. carrying a ONE in all black with 40-150 lens

ps like this ... (I was trying the lens near the bar ... and experimenting with photographing the Lilies ... from above) unsuccessfully

pps Postie at Hayloft should have something for you two today

and using my 75 and 75-300 in all Black - focal length of the 40-150 and being telephoto did not give me my best shots

I found the lighting with the 40-150 too "harsh" for my "style" and actually the 75-300 did the best job for me - probably as I lurve this lens and I am used to stopping it down on bright days

I rather fear that since getting the ONE and, going "Prime" (Thanks to IanSky and his advice ) I have got out of using telephoto - I did move forward out of my seat or lean well back lots with the 75 prime
                        [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Nope, didn't spot you at all. I was lurking in the entrance hall from about 1.35 keeping an eye open in case I spotted anyone I knew but you must have snuck in when my back was turned

Interesting to hear what you said about the 40-150 though, how was the 75 f1.8 (another I was too late to grab)

Comment

Originally posted by brian1208 View Post
                            Nope, didn't spot you at all. I was lurking in the entrance hall from about 1.35 keeping an eye open in case I spotted anyone I knew but you must have snuck in when my back was turned

Interesting to hear what you said about the 40-150 though, how was the 75 f1.8 (another I was too late to grab)
                            We arrived stealthily from Starbucks at 1.47 in the Foyer and I spent some time guarding gear bags (while others went to use the facilities ) and taking photos of that magnificent little Christmas Tree in the Foyer - when we went downstairs I was straight to the 40-150 lens to handle it quick and put my name on trying one ...

The 75 is mine from last years HY shopping trip and I LURVE IT to bits
                            [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

I was straight to the 40-150 lens to handle it quick and put my name on trying one ...
                              it obviously helps to be blonde, female and attractive - when I tried to do the same they told me it would be a case of first come first serve in the free for all!

Comment

Working...
                              X