Go wild with an olympus!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go wild with an olympus!

Anyone see this in todays Olympus mag Image Space page 3d?

But alas when you open it up it says entry for this event is closed? So anyone here going?

John
    John

OM-D E-M1, 12-40 f2.8 Pro, Tamron 14-150mm f5.8, E5, E3, Zuiko 50-200mm SWD, Zuiko 12-60mm SWD, Zuiko ED 70-300mm f5.6, 50mmf2, Zuiko ED 9-18mm f5.6, Sigma 50-500mm f6.3, EC14, EC20, RM-1, VA-1

Re: Go wild with an olympus!

Yes - saw it and that it was closed
    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by birdboy View Post
      <snip> So anyone here going?

John
      Yes

Very much looking forward to trying out the new 40-150.

The last time I went here I bought a 50-200, which I've just sold to fund getting some new kit
      Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
        Yes

Very much looking forward to trying out the new 40-150.

The last time I went here I bought a 50-200, which I've just sold to fund getting some new kit
        Glad to hear someone from is going. Did you apply from the email if so you must have acted quickly. My email was dated & timed at 13/11/2014 12:08 and by the time looked at 6.30pm it was closed. Maybe the demand was very high which must be good for Olympus.

Have a great time and will look forward to your report.

John
        John

OM-D E-M1, 12-40 f2.8 Pro, Tamron 14-150mm f5.8, E5, E3, Zuiko 50-200mm SWD, Zuiko 12-60mm SWD, Zuiko ED 70-300mm f5.6, 50mmf2, Zuiko ED 9-18mm f5.6, Sigma 50-500mm f6.3, EC14, EC20, RM-1, VA-1

Comment

<snip>Did you apply from the email if so you must have acted quickly. <snip>

Have a great time and will look forward to your report.

John
          I keep an eye on the OISpace : http://www.olympus-imagespace.co.uk/whats-on/

Most every time Ian has let me play with a new toy, I end up getting one, so I dare say I shall enjoy myself
          Graham

Comment

The BWC runs courses for members with folk like Heather Angel. They can be good value as you get much closer to the animals than normal. OK you don't get to try a new lens but they are good fun.
            David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

I'm going too. Saw it on twitter. Also hope to try out the new 40-150.

Comment

For those of you in the North Oly are doing a wildlife day in the Lakes with Steve Goslung. Free draw for ten spaces. On Openspace website.

Comment

I love trying out new kit, and when told that you are one of the first of the "normal" people to get to use it, then it just makes the whole experience that much better...

As I always do, I look to push the kit to the limits, in a "real world" situation just to see what I can get away with.

This is with the 40-150 + 1.4 converter at full stretch.

This is 100% from about the middle:

I have to admit I often find the antics of people far more interesting than animals.

But I truly believe this gorgeous creature found us to be a lot less so...

The owl treated us with complete indifference

But "Frodo" the fox at least made the effort to make eye contact

Sincere thanks has to go to the Olympus Team for providing such a great day and yet another brilliant lens.
                  Graham

Comment

Thanks for the update Graham. So were you impressed enough to buy the new lens and did you get to try in on action subjects?
                    John

Comment

Thanks for the update Graham. So were you impressed enough to buy the new lens and did you get to try in on action subjects?
                      with the exception of a weasel an stoat that proved harder to keep up with than anything previously attempted (think shooting wrens in flight at 10ft!) it wasn't really an action environment!

Graham was seen to be trying hard with the weasel at one point - or maybe they were just making friends?

personally I liked the balance and handling of the new lens; will find the restriction of the 1.4x to this and the coming 300 ie not being able to use it with the 45 or 75, frustrating. using the E-M1 without the latest firmware it still appeared to focus fast - but again the subjects and environment weren't right to assess this properly.

Thanks to the Oly staff and Dave Stevenson for a cracking, informative, day out.
                      E, Pen and OM-D bodies
                      43 m43 and legacy glass
                      loads of flashes and accessories from all the systems

Comment

Thnaks for the update.
                        Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                        Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                        Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                        Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                        Learn something new every day

Comment

Working...
                        X