Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backpack Offer, Shipping Now

Hi Folks,

seems like the Pro Backpack is shipping. I read on another forum that a guy had received his. He posted a few shots and it looks good. He also noted that it can take the E-3 with Grip attached.

Richard
    In theory there's no difference between theory and practice but in practice there is.

Re: Backpack Offer, Shipping Now

Good news Richard.

Anyone who gets one - and doesn't want/need it - I'd be a very interested buyer

Comment

'allo 'allo

I recieved mine today. That is in Denmark. Looks pretty good but it lacks the bottom support for at tripod but has two straps - one in the top and one in the middle. On that point the Lowepro Mini Trekker AW is better. Or maybe I just can't figure out how to mount the tripos:-(((

niels
      Olympus OM-D E-M1, HLD-7, OM-D E-M5, HLD-6, E-3, HLD-4, E-400, ZD25/2.8, ZDED50/2.0, ZD11-22/2.8-3.5, ZD14-54/2.8-3.5, ZDED50-200/2.8-3.5, EC14, EX25, 2 x FL-50R, FL-36, Sigma 30/1.4, MMF-3, mZD12-50/3.5-6.3, mZD12/2.0, mZD45/1.8, mZD60/2.8MACRO, mZD75/1.8, mZD12-40/2.8PRO, mZD75-300/4.8-6.7II, Panasonic 1.7/20ASPH, Leica DG Summilux 1.4/25ASPH - Olympus OM-1 (35&100/2.8)

Comment

Originally posted by E-1 fan View Post
        Good news Richard.

Anyone who gets one - and doesn't want/need it - I'd be a very interested buyer

Originally posted by nad View Post
        'allo 'allo

I recieved mine today. That is in Denmark. Looks pretty good but it lacks the bottom support for at tripod but has two straps - one in the top and one in the middle. On that point the Lowepro Mini Trekker AW is better. Or maybe I just can't figure out how to mount the tripos:-(((

niels
        Having got a Mini Trekker AW and looking at the Olympus backpack my choice, if having to fork out for one, would be to go for the Lowepro one.

Steve
        Old divers never die, they just go down on old wrecks
        Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but bubbles
        My website

Comment

'allo 'allo

niels
          Send it over to me niels for research purposes re the tripos - I can't promise you will get it back though!
          Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckdiver View Post
            Having got a Mini Trekker AW and looking at the Olympus backpack my choice, if having to fork out for one, would be to go for the Lowepro one.Steve
            I've got a Lowepro Mini trekker which is ok but the access on the Oly one looks better than on the Lowepro. Maybe someone with both can do a little comparison post for us

Comment

I've got a Lowepro Mini trekker which is ok but the access on the Oly one looks better than on the Lowepro. Maybe someone with both can do a little comparison post for us
              I'll compare them and let you know when I receive my Oly bag.

Steve
              My website

Comment

Thanks Steve

Comment

It's got one advantage over the Lowepro. It'll take the E-3 with the HLD-4 attached.

Thanks for the "offer" Berr1e. But I can always use it for carring Abbot Ale - my favorite tea substitute - home;-))) All these little rooms each take a can. maybe even two stacked...

niels
                  Olympus OM-D E-M1, HLD-7, OM-D E-M5, HLD-6, E-3, HLD-4, E-400, ZD25/2.8, ZDED50/2.0, ZD11-22/2.8-3.5, ZD14-54/2.8-3.5, ZDED50-200/2.8-3.5, EC14, EX25, 2 x FL-50R, FL-36, Sigma 30/1.4, MMF-3, mZD12-50/3.5-6.3, mZD12/2.0, mZD45/1.8, mZD60/2.8MACRO, mZD75/1.8, mZD12-40/2.8PRO, mZD75-300/4.8-6.7II, Panasonic 1.7/20ASPH, Leica DG Summilux 1.4/25ASPH - Olympus OM-1 (35&100/2.8)

Comment

It's got one advantage over the Lowepro. It'll take the E-3 with the HLD-4 attached.

Thanks for the "offer" Berr1e. But I can always use it for carring Abbot Ale - my favorite tea substitute - home;-))) All these little rooms each take a can. maybe even two stacked...

niels
                    Now you're talking, just enough room for a camera and a lens after all the tinnies have been stowed

Steve
                    My website

Comment

It's bigger than the Mini Trekker AW. the inside is deeper and it's got room for a laptop.

And it'll easily take my E-3 with HLD-4 and ZD ED50/2.0, ZD 11-22/2.8-3.5, ZD 14-54/2.8-3.5, ZD ED50-2002.8-3.5, EC14, EX25, FL-36, Sigma 30/1.4 plus spare battreies and cards and whatever needed.

But I think I still prefer my Leica Outdoor Combination sholder bag (the small one of the two). It takes the same - natually except a laptop - and the relatively light cameras and lenses of the 4/3 system (compared to other familiar brands) I can carried for severel hours with comfort.

This weight/quality issue is one of the most over looked benefits of 4/3 - at lest by them other camera owners and reviewers...

niels

Comment

It's bigger than the Mini Trekker AW. the inside is deeper and it's got room for a laptop.

And it'll easily take my E-3 with HLD-4 and ZD ED50/2.0, ZD 11-22/2.8-3.5, ZD 14-54/2.8-3.5, ZD ED50-2002.8-3.5, EC14, EX25, FL-36, Sigma 30/1.4 plus spare battreies and cards and whatever needed.

But I think I still prefer my Leica Outdoor Combination sholder bag (the small one of the two). It takes the same - natually except a laptop - and the relatively light cameras and lenses of the 4/3 system (compared to other familiar brands) I can carried for severel hours with comfort.

This weight/quality issue is one of the most over looked benefits of 4/3 - at lest by them other camera owners and reviewers...

niels
                        Bl**dy 'ell that's interesting. I would have thought, by looking at the photo, that it was smaller. I am looking for a backpack that is bigger than the Minitrekker AW and would also take a laptop. Seems the Oly bag is the answer to my quest. Hope mine arrives soon.

Cheers,

Steve
                        My website

Comment

Any idea of the retail price of the backpack? I'm looking for a pack bigger than my Lowepro Slingshot 100, but missed out on the Oly offer.
                          8^(

Jim Ford

Comment

Do you think it will be available retail? to us non-E-3 bods

Comment

Do you think it will be available retail? to us non-E-3 bods

I think so, it is listed on the Oly UK web site with a where to buy at:

http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/ds...o_Backpack.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X