Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oly bags

Originally posted by E-1 fan View Post
    After the 9 page battle to uphold Oly honour on another forum thread (now locked) it is very silly of Oly to shoot itself in the foot with people who are well disposed to be ambassadors for the company, it's products and its services.
    I ordered an E3 from Warehouse Express on 15th November and was originally told I should get the camera by the end of November. This then became December and when I contacted Warehouse Express early on last month that another forum site member had heard that WE wouldn't get the E3 until the end of the year I was told not to worry about silly forums and I would definitely have the camera by Christmas.

By the end of the first week of December I was told it would be the middle of the month and I did a daily call to check on progress. It wasn't until the Wednesday before Christmas that Warehouse Express confessed that even if they did get the camera by 21st December they wouldn't be delivering until the New Year.

This was so disappointing (I'd gone to Warehouse Express because of the Buy Now Pay Later offer) and I emailed Olympus Europe about missing the deadline date for the backpack through no fault of my own. I also emailed Warehouse Express and Olympus UK to complain about what I felt to be poor customer service (someone else had been waiting for their E3 since October and cancelled like I did from WE). I've not had a reply from any of the three companies as of today.

I noticed that Warehouse Express have now changed their site info on the E3 to the first stock arriving this month now - it's a shame they couldn't have been more honest about things earlier with me.

I was really looking forward to the E3; read all the reviews, opinions and attended an Olympus E-vent and felt very let down by the whole experence - I missed out one of the promotions despite my best efforts.

Comment

Hi Brob

May be a little late with this suggestion: but why don't you contact some other suppliers as I know they have the E-3 in stock. You might like to try Cardiff Camera Center which is where I purchased mine. The link and all contact details are here -> http://www.cameracentrecardiff.co.uk/

Sorry about your poor experience, I hope your E-3 is delivered for you soon.
      John

Comment

My experience sadly is exactly the same, I have not received either the power grip or the bag. It really annoys me that Olympus do not respond to emails asking what the current situation is. I have put read receipts on all my emails so at least I know they have been looked at.

I have to put my hand up that I did buy the E-3 because of the 2 promotions after very unexpectedly having enough funds to buy one after selling some of my equipment for more than I thought it would sell for.

So my reward from Olympus is that I am worried, should there have been any problems with my 2 claims I am none the wiser. Despite asking for confirmation of acceptance of my claims and emailing them on 31st December requesting an update on them I am none the wiser like you all.

Dear oh dear, Olympus have to be crazy to frustrate there hardcore fans which lets face it all of us forum members are. The very people who fly the flag for their products free of charge when we are out and about doing what we love. Funny thing is that I can almost understand it if they were C*n*n or N*k*n who are not fighting to grow their market share.

Sadly, customer service seems to a dying art, happy new year to all of you by the way.

Chris

P.S Sorry I still cannot bring myself to type those 5 letter words, still in therapy about that!!

Comment

brob108

Also give Devon Camera a try. Wed site says in stock and it has a small price discount:

http://www.devoncamera.co.uk/index.c...gital_slr_body

Comment

Originally posted by Melaka View Post
            The offer of a bag and an HLD4 subject to jumping through some not very onerous hoops was a good marketing ploy. I doubt I'm the only member of this forum who timed his purchase because of the goodies on offer. I got the HLD4 in just under twenty eight days which is probably on the outer side of what was reasonable. I'm still waiting for the bag after nearly seven weeks.

If you do get the HLD4 and want the GS3 grip to go with it there doesn't seem to be any retailer in the UK, accessible via Google, who stocks them. My daughter in the USA has ordered one from Amazon (they won't ship direct to the UK) and I hope to get it within a few days. There are also question marks over the batteries it will take. We know from Ian that ordinary AAs don't work (they should) and we await the results of his test with Lithiums. We know also that rechargeables and CR123As don't work either, although it isn't explicitly stated that they should. In short, some aspects of the HLD4 are disappointing.

It's also interesting that there has been much discussion of focussing problems which may have led to the recent firmware update to the 12-60. One might have thought that someone from Olympus could have posted a notice about that on the forum instead of waiting for a member to find out, presumably from the web site.

We're all enthusiastic E series users, but we don't have to be. I would have expected Olympus to try rather harder with a bunch of folk who are clearly on their side. They've not done the course on how to keep their friends.
            I had not realised that rechargables did not work and I have just bought an 8 cell charger and 8 Ni-MH batteries still I shouldn't run out of power for my FL 50. Sainsbbury's extra power batteries work fine in the HLD 4.
            John

Comment

Originally posted by Melaka View Post
              The offer of a bag and an HLD4 subject to jumping through some not very onerous hoops was a good marketing ploy. I doubt I'm the only member of this forum who timed his purchase because of the goodies on offer. I got the HLD4 in just under twenty eight days which is probably on the outer side of what was reasonable. I'm still waiting for the bag after nearly seven weeks.

If you do get the HLD4 and want the GS3 grip to go with it there doesn't seem to be any retailer in the UK, accessible via Google, who stocks them. My daughter in the USA has ordered one from Amazon (they won't ship direct to the UK) and I hope to get it within a few days. There are also question marks over the batteries it will take. We know from Ian that ordinary AAs don't work (they should) and we await the results of his test with Lithiums. We know also that rechargeables and CR123As don't work either, although it isn't explicitly stated that they should. In short, some aspects of the HLD4 are disappointing.

It's also interesting that there has been much discussion of focussing problems which may have led to the recent firmware update to the 12-60. One might have thought that someone from Olympus could have posted a notice about that on the forum instead of waiting for a member to find out, presumably from the web site.

We're all enthusiastic E series users, but we don't have to be. I would have expected Olympus to try rather harder with a bunch of folk who are clearly on their side. They've not done the course on how to keep their friends.
              I wholeheartedly agree with all of the increasingly damning comments about service. How anyone can allow a simple and clearly successful sales promotion like this to become so poorly delivered beggars belief.

But the thing that really stuck out for me in this comment was the issue about the lens firmware fix. Absolutely. They know we are having these issues - don't they care? Let them eat cake they say...!

I didn't expect the bag quickly but I did expect some communication. In all of the dealings with Olympus it is a one way street. One way traffic. Me giving - them taking.

If the grip cannot take AA cells in an emergency then it won't be used. It is a sad waste of money. I had such hopes for a luxury system to be proud of.

Well I'm fed up with it. I am now going to demand my rights each and every time and tell people when they don't deliver. I think I'll become a nuisance.

Peter
              Peter (Art Frames)

You can see some of my things on Flickr

Comment

This is a sorry tale.

If I were a senior manager with Olympus (uk) in EC1 I'd be thoroughly ashamed at reading this thread. If you can't satisfy those customers willing to hand over 1000+ on a review and a few promises how the hell can you expect to win over Canonites, Nikonites, Lumixites and Fujites

Comment

I am disappoiinted at missing out on the backpack promotion - I was in the market for one and really liked the look of the promo one. I'm still considering getting the E3 with the battery grip promotion but feel rather cheated out of something I did my utmost to meet all the requirements. If Olympus offered a backpack, or suitable compensaton, then fair enough but it has tainted what should have been a very pleasurable experience.

Suffce to say if I do buy before the end of this month (pending finances) I won't be doing it with Warehouse Express, I've found them to be too unreliable to trust again with an order like this.

Comment

Originally posted by brob108 View Post
                    I am disappoiinted at missing out on the backpack promotion - I was in the market for one and really liked the look of the promo one. I'm still considering getting the E3 with the battery grip promotion but feel rather cheated out of something I did my utmost to meet all the requirements. If Olympus offered a backpack, or suitable compensaton, then fair enough but it has tainted what should have been a very pleasurable experience.

Suffce to say if I do buy before the end of this month (pending finances) I won't be doing it with Warehouse Express, I've found them to be too unreliable to trust again with an order like this.
                    It doesn't help you but you have my sympathy for appalling treatment.

My previous experience of Warehouse Express is not great. They claimed to have a Sigma lens on their website which I knew nobody else had in the UK and so I rang them and surprise, surprise they didn't have one but seemed sure it would be with them soon. Park rang me four months later when they first got them in!

But I have to say I'm surprised that Olympus haven't supported those few cases I've seen of genuine issues where people have been let down by suppliers. I presume you can easily show you had an order which was screwed up.

hope they change their minds.
                    Peter (Art Frames)

You can see some of my things on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by art frames View Post

But I have to say I'm surprised that Olympus haven't supported those few cases I've seen of genuine issues where people have been let down by suppliers. I presume you can easily show you had an order which was screwed up.

hope they change their minds.
                      Cheers for the support - it has been a very frustrating experience. I can certanly prove my order as I've kept my finance agreement forms which have a November date on them.

It would have been a great help if Olympus had responded to my emails last month!

Comment

Would serve Oly right if you went for the L10 or something else from Canikon!

Comment

Just a note about suppliers. I have ordered stuff from WE and not had problems but I got my E-3 from Jacobs, good price and delivered when they said it would be.
                          Dave.
                          sigpicDave

Comment

Re: WE

I actually bought my E3 and 12-60 kit from WE before Xmas with no problems
                            But from what I've seen on this forum and others, I am a very lucky man
                            Makes a change to win one as I've just recently bought a HD DVD Player, just when the world is now looking to be going Blue Ray. Oh well thats life

Steve

Comment

I emailed Olympus this morning asking where my HLD-4 grip and backpack were. Just got a very nice reply saying I should get my grip in the next few days and the backpack in around 2 weeks.

Thanks Oly for a very quick reply

Steve
                              Old divers never die, they just go down on old wrecks
                              Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but bubbles
                              My website

Comment

Following Wreckdivers success, I have been inspired to email Olympus again. I will post another reply should I be lucky enough to get a reply as well.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X