Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympus UK top of the shots 2016 - will you be entering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Olympus UK top of the shots 2016 - will you be entering?

Originally posted by MargaretR View Post
    Well I was about to enter, then I read the T&Cs. Which specifically exclude opting for an EM-1 MkII should you win.

Not that I would have won, but as that's what I would have wished for (already having the Pen-F), I don't see any point now! Just have to keep saving through next year....
    Oh, that rather dampens the mood. I wonder why they did that, are they so short of money?
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

I was afraid of that. It would have to be the Pen F for me then.
      Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

How does this tag thing work with Facebook then? I don't want to do this wrong!
        Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Originally posted by benvendetta View Post
          How does this tag thing work with Facebook then? I don't want to do this wrong!
          Not entirely sure. But there's a thread on Olympus UK page into which you can post your entry as a 'comment'

https://www.facebook.com/OlympusUK/p...1048977605381/

This link may take you to a 'black screen' version - click the X at top right corner to go to the post proper
          Margaret

my Website ; my Flickr ; my Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
            Oh, that rather dampens the mood. I wonder why they did that, are they so short of money?
            Short of cameras, I would think!!
            Margaret

my Website ; my Flickr ; my Facebook

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Margaret - shame but I'm only entering for some fun really....

Anyway, for those not on Twitter who may be interested this is the one I went with

Old Light On Lundy by jonskids, on Flickr
              My stuff on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/jonskids/

Comment

Nice one Jon.
                Dave

Comment

Originally posted by skids View Post
                  Thanks for the heads up Margaret - shame but I'm only entering for some fun really....

Anyway, for those not on Twitter who may be interested this is the one I went with

Old Light On Lundy by jonskids, on Flickr

Very nice. Good luck, Jon.
                  John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Heres my one from the Mara last August

GrahamJ
                    EM1X, EM1 mk2, Panny/Leica m25, 60mm, 7-14mm 2.8, 12-40mm 2.8, 12-100 f4, 40-150mm 2.8, 300 f4 and those teleconverter thingys..........and I am sure thats it!

Comment

Had it been possible, I would have opted to wait a year or two for the E-M5 Mk 3 (I assume there will be one eventually). As there seemed no way to enter without some sort of social media account it was all moot anyhow. Good luck to those who entered.
                      Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                      Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                      Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                      Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                      Learn something new every day

Comment

Well I got mine in before I went to work. Good job I checked as I thought the close was midnight tonight.

Valis in Latex
                        Dave

Comment

Dang - didn't realise the E-M1ii was off limits! C'est la vie! This was my entry:

Rainbow's End by Paul Kaye, on Flickr
                          Paul
                          E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
                          flickr
                          Portfolio Site
                          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by MargaretR View Post
                            Well I was about to enter, then I read the T&Cs. Which specifically exclude opting for an EM-1 MkII should you win.

Not that I would have won, but as that's what I would have wished for (already having the Pen-F), I don't see any point now! Just have to keep saving through next year....
                            Well, I entered and asked Santa for an E-M1ii. As it appears the Elves has not made enough of them I guess my entry will be disqualified! Oh well, I doubt they'd have picked me anyhow...
                            Paul
                            E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
                            flickr
                            Portfolio Site
                            Instagram

Comment

It's a crackin' shot Paul.
                              Dave

Comment

Originally posted by benvendetta View Post
                                Well I got mine in before I went to work. Good job I checked as I thought the close was midnight tonight.

Valis in Latex
                                OMG - how did you concentrate on taking the photograph?

Seriously, that's a classy portrait and an excellent entry. Good luck!
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X