Olympus confirms 40-150 f/2.8 and 1.4 converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Olympus confirms 40-150 f/2.8 and 1.4 converter

...while at 760g the lens is almost exactly half the weight of the Nikkor 70-200 f2.8 VRII, which on a Nikon DX camera might be considered a competitor. Interesting.
    Regards,
    Mark

------------------------------
    http://www.microcontrast.com
    Too much Oly gear.
    Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
    Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnN View Post
      Almost - they're coming in at £1299, so not exactly the £925 it would be if it were a fair exchange - still at least the grey market sellers will do well.
      I believe I read recently Olympus are dropping the "worldwide one year warranty", if correct this will surely impact the 'grey' market and no doubt why they are doing it.

We must remember that U.S. prices are quoted without "sales tax' as this varies from state to state, that said I agree … we do get ripped off in the U.K.

Regards, Simon
      “Sharpness is a bourgeois concept”
      ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

So buy a none grey lens, travel to another country and know you lose warranty. Not good. Grey importers like HDEW will probably arrange their own warranty like they do with the second year on camera body warranties and then they throw in a third extra year all with a highly reputable repairer.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Bee View Post
          I believe I read recently Olympus are dropping the "worldwide one year warranty", if correct this will surely impact the 'grey' market and no doubt why they are doing it.

We must remember that U.S. prices are quoted without "sales tax' as this varies from state to state, that said I agree … we do get ripped off in the U.K.

Regards, Simon
          Aye, but keeping the European - so always worth checking Amazon.de

Comment

Wonder what the size difference is between 40-150 plus the 1.4 and 50-200 plus MMF3? Then new combo doesn't look over big to me.
            Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Originally posted by benvendetta View Post
              Wonder what the size difference is between 40-150 plus the 1.4 and 50-200 plus MMF3? Then new combo doesn't look over big to me.
              In the pictures and the SteveHuff Photo video ( http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2014/0...ro-zoom-video/ ) it doesn't look as big or cumbersome as I initially thought. The weight sounds good as well so I'm sure it will be a lot easier handling than the otherwise excellent 4/3 50-200 SWD which I have used on the EM-1.

I also like the clever hood. It may appear to be a small issue but for me those sort of details help to enhance the usability significantly. I wonder if Olympus will produce an equivalent for the 12-40 Pro?

Hec
              I've worked hard to be this grumpy. It hasn't been easy at times but it's worth it.

Comment

If it has not changed since the ME1 launch at Castle Leslie when prototype model was on show( non-functioning) it looked a good size for a lens of that type.
                Ed

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?

Comment

Will the 1.4x fit on the MMF 1/2/3???
                  Stuff from Cuba
                  More stuff from Cuba
                  It all started here

Comment

It has internal zooming which is a nice feature.

Amazon have an availability due date of 5th December.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagletorque View Post
                      Will the 1.4x fit on the MMF 1/2/3???
                      The tele-converter is designed for use on just two lenses: the m.zuiko 40-150 f2.8 and the yet to be released 300mm telephoto.

Comment

I'm also interested if the MC-14 works with the MMF-3 and FT lenses...
                        :-)

Andy
                        Olympus E-30, E-M1 mk1&2 ZD 7-14 f4, PL 25 f1.4D
                        mZuiko 12-40 f2.8 Pro, 45 f1.8, 60 f2.8, 40-150 f2.8 Pro, 300 f4 Pro
                        MC-14, HLD-7, HLD-9
                        Metz 58 AF-2 , Manfrotto 441, Gimbal Head, Velbon Neopod 74

("AndyElliott" @ FTU)

Comment

Originally posted by oly_om View Post
                          I'm also interested if the MC-14 works with the MMF-3 and FT lenses...
                          :-)

Andy
                          I think I know what you mean but I am sure performance would be compromise. Why not stick with the excellent 4/3rds EC14?
                          Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

I will, but I'm curious too!
                            Stuff from Cuba
                            More stuff from Cuba
                            It all started here

Comment

OK, I've bitten the bullet and put in a Wex order for the pair.

(I shall be selling a few classic lenses on here in the near future to defray some of the cost!)
                              Regards,
                              Mark

------------------------------
                              http://www.microcontrast.com
                              Too much Oly gear.
                              Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
                              Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Originally posted by drmarkf View Post
                                OK, I've bitten the bullet and put in a Wex order for the pair.

(I shall be selling a few classic lenses on here in the near future to defray some of the cost!)
                                I think my wife would probably defray me if put in an order....

Comment

Working...
                                X