E-group exhibition at the Rock Archive/Image Space at Bishopsgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: E-group exhibition at the Rock Archive/Image Space at Bishopsgate

It was with a little relief that the original date proposed was abandoned. I had planned to go on the first day and attend the promised "bun fight" in the evening. Another more urgent meeting then arose meaning it was unlikely that I could attend on any day - lucky I hadn't booked my rail tickets. However I have lots of local and family commitments so I am getting concerned that any notice given of a new date may be too short for me to attend. Very strange there is no further communication on this exhibition, I am worried it may have died a death!

David
    PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Comment

Originally posted by PeterBirder View Post
      A deafening silence Barr1e.
      Pardon I didn't hear that!

*Rudolf

Barr1e
      Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Comment

Personally I have given up on this. A great shame.

Indeed I get the overwhelming sense that this forum is not favored anymore as we have not heard or seen anything from Ian for some time to the best of my knowledge, which could of course by woefully incorrect, and I feel that were it not for the good level of activity we would be closed down.

This could be paranoia on my part of course which I hope it is.

Hec
        I've worked hard to be this grumpy. It hasn't been easy at times but it's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Hec View Post
          Personally I have given up on this. A great shame.

Indeed I get the overwhelming sense that this forum is not favored anymore as we have not heard or seen anything from Ian for some time to the best of my knowledge, which could of course by woefully incorrect, and I feel that were it not for the good level of activity we would be closed down.

This could be paranoia on my part of course which I hope it is.

Hec
          Likewise Hec ... I noted that We hardly see any input from Ian these last 6 months ; more and more activity and Press Releases from Olympus UK come to me via Facebook and Twitter on "Events" there first and quite a few "Events" have never even appeared on here at all it is as if the Olympus e-forum is now out of the loop

and yet, time and time again, I meet people who are having problems with their M43 kit (OM-D EM-1; 5 and now 10) and I refer them to join here and search by camera body and/or lens combo and then they Fb or email me to say "Great information database and such helpful, friendly Members" ... and their problems are solved !

THIS is an AWESOME forum of many many Olympus dedicated Members exceedingly helpful and friendly of value
          [I].
          I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
          Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

So does anyone know what is going on has Ian abandoned the forum? Shame if so.
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Well, I'm not giving excuses, and I can't give you more details because of things I have been told in confidence (which doesn't explain everything anyway) but there are certain issues which have kept Ian away from the forum for a while. I'm sure that things will return to normal soon, but for now let's avoid speculation.
              Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

I entirely agree with Stephen. The little time I have spent with Ian outside this forum have shown me what an enthusiastic, dedicated and hardworking person he is and one who I am sure would not give up on anything at least without announcing his intentions. Let us be patient and I'm sure everything will become clear in the future.

David
                PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
                  Well, I'm not giving excuses, and I can't give you more details because of things I have been told in confidence (which doesn't explain everything anyway) but there are certain issues which have kept Ian away from the forum for a while. I'm sure that things will return to normal soon, but for now let's avoid speculation.

Thanks Stephen. Hint taken!

Hec
                  I've worked hard to be this grumpy. It hasn't been easy at times but it's worth it.

Comment

Working...
                  X