Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES

See more
See less

E-group exhibition at the Rock Archive/Image Space at Bishopsgate

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: E-group exhibition at the Rock Archive/Image Space at Bishopsgate

    Hi Ian,

    I did submit some images via the link but as yet have not heard anything so unsure if they loaded properly, I submitted 5 and had to do it 5 individual times.

    I understand you must be inundated with submissions but it would be nice to know if mine made it into the mix or were lost in the ether or more likely the cloud!

    Thanks,
    Ian
    Ian from the Cotswolds
    http://571photography.blogspot.co.uk/

    Comment


    • Re: E-group exhibition at the Rock Archive/Image Space at Bishopsgate

      http://dpnow.com/forum2/showthread.php?t=16341

      Regards. Barr1e
      Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

      Comment


      • Re: E-group exhibition at the Rock Archive/Image Space at Bishopsgate

        Just received...

        "* E-group exhibition in the City of London – delayed *

        Dear Graham_of_Rainham,

        Further to our appeal for extra images for our forthcoming members’ exhibition planned for this month, unfortunately, I have to inform you that the event has been postponed until later in the year. We’re now looking at a slot before Christmas. Olympus wasn’t content that the show had been promoted adequately.

        We have had an excellent response to the appeal for images and we now have many more than we can actually accommodate but the quality of the exhibition will now be even higher. We’re also looking at ways we might be able to include additional images, perhaps as a slide show at the venue.
        So sincere apologies for this delay – we will post more news to come once we have rescheduled.

        That's all for now - see you on the forum!

        Olympus UK E-System User Group
        The UK's most popular online Olympus user photography community"
        Graham

        We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

        Comment


        • Re: E-group exhibition at the Rock Archive/Image Space at Bishopsgate

          Great, but understandable shame that it is delayed. Slightly disappointing not to have been signed by the person who wrote it though!
          Stuff from Cuba
          More stuff from Cuba
          It all started here

          Comment


          • Re: E-group exhibition at the Rock Archive/Image Space at Bishopsgate

            Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post



            >> Olympus wasn’t content that the show had been promoted adequately...
            ??? ... So forgive me for being dense, but wasn't that their responsibility?! At the very least, to oversee?
            Margaret

            my Website ; my Flickr ; my Facebook

            Comment


            • Re: E-group exhibition at the Rock Archive/Image Space at Bishopsgate

              Originally posted by MargaretR View Post
              ??? ... So forgive me for being dense, but wasn't that their responsibility?! At the very least, to oversee?
              Indeed, and I feel they are being very honest in saying so.

              I'd far rather see a successful exhibition, albeit delayed, than have one to which very few people attend.

              The added electronic display of images is very good, as some pictures are better when viewed this way.
              Graham

              We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

              Comment


              • Re: E-group exhibition at the Rock Archive/Image Space at Bishopsgate

                Exerciseing in the garden
                Stuff from Cuba
                More stuff from Cuba
                It all started here

                Comment


                • Re: E-group exhibition at the Rock Archive/Image Space at Bishopsgate

                  Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
                  Just received...

                  "* E-group exhibition in the City of London – delayed *

                  Dear Graham_of_Rainham,

                  Further to our appeal for extra images for our forthcoming members’ exhibition planned for this month, unfortunately, I have to inform you that the event has been postponed until later in the year. We’re now looking at a slot before Christmas. Olympus wasn’t content that the show had been promoted adequately.

                  We have had an excellent response to the appeal for images and we now have many more than we can actually accommodate but the quality of the exhibition will now be even higher. We’re also looking at ways we might be able to include additional images, perhaps as a slide show at the venue.
                  So sincere apologies for this delay – we will post more news to come once we have rescheduled.

                  That's all for now - see you on the forum!

                  Olympus UK E-System User Group
                  The UK's most popular online Olympus user photography community"

                  Mmm - not too near Christmas I hope!

                  Regards. Barr1e
                  Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

                  Comment


                  • Re: E-group exhibition at the Rock Archive/Image Space at Bishopsgate

                    Is anyone really surprised that there is a delay?
                    Still looking forward to it though. The RPS exhibition that I went to in Newport in the summer had DPIs being shown and it is a great way to include many more images. Hopefully they will be displayed on a decent sized monitor or using a projector. Contrary to what Graham says, I would rather view framed prints than DPIs as DPIs will only be on the screen for a matter of 10 seconds max.
                    Dave

                    E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

                    External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

                    Comment


                    • Re: E-group exhibition at the Rock Archive/Image Space at Bishopsgate

                      Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
                      Indeed, and I feel they are being very honest in saying so.
                      Well, yes. But this admission, plus a second delay, is not exactly confidence-inducing! Perhaps I'm naive, but I would have imagined the organisational abilities of a major international imaging company to be ... better.

                      Fingers crossed it's third time lucky, then. Although as has been said, not too close to Christmas. Travelling to and across London during December can be a nightmare.
                      Margaret

                      my Website ; my Flickr ; my Facebook

                      Comment


                      • Re: E-group exhibition at the Rock Archive/Image Space at Bishopsgate

                        Originally posted by MargaretR View Post
                        Well, yes. But this admission, plus a second delay, is not exactly confidence-inducing! Perhaps I'm naive, but I would have imagined the organisational abilities of a major international imaging company to be ... better.

                        Fingers crossed it's third time lucky, then. Although as has been said, not too close to Christmas. Travelling to and across London during December can be a nightmare.
                        Hi -

                        As I don't post often here I feel out of the loop - does/has anyone heard further regarding the date of the exhibition and whose images have been chosen.


                        Regards. Barr1e
                        Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

                        Comment


                        • Re: E-group exhibition at the Rock Archive/Image Space at Bishopsgate

                          Originally posted by Barr1e View Post
                          Hi -

                          As I don't post often here I feel out of the loop - does/has anyone heard further regarding the date of the exhibition and whose images have been chosen.


                          Regards. Barr1e
                          A deafening silence Barr1e.
                          Peter

                          she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

                          E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
                          OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
                          Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

                          Comment


                          • Re: E-group exhibition at the Rock Archive/Image Space at Bishopsgate

                            Eerie or what......

                            Comment


                            • Re: E-group exhibition at the Rock Archive/Image Space at Bishopsgate

                              I have been wondering about the exhibition recently. With four weeks until Christmas and no communication, I suspect that it won't happen this year. Mind you, I would love to be proved wrong!
                              Dave

                              E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

                              External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

                              Comment


                              • Re: E-group exhibition at the Rock Archive/Image Space at Bishopsgate

                                Sorry Dave, but I have no more information than you.
                                Stephen

                                A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

                                Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

                                My Flickr site

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X