Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Olympus event - Giffords Circus, Frampton-upon-Severn on Friday 2nd August 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Olympus event - Giffords Circus, Frampton-upon-Severn on Friday 2nd August 2013

And me! It'll be like an E-Group outing.
    Roger

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8
    OM-1N, OM-10, OM-4ti, 24mm/2.8, 50mm/1.8, 85mm/2, Tamron 70-210mm/3.5
    cariadus.com | flickr | tumblr

Comment

Re: Olympus event - Giffords Circus, Frampton-upon-Severn on Friday 2nd August 2013

I just opened my envelope and I'm going too! It certainly will be like an E-Group Meeting and a great opportunity to meet some more members in person!

The times of the event are from 12.00 to 2.30pm and I suspect it will be a fairly intensive two and a half hours. Does any one fancy meeting for a chat and a coffee either before or after the event?

Tickets include admission for a friend, if any one is unsuccessful in getting a ticket they are welcome to come as my guest.

PS There will be cameras and lenses to try, so hands off the 75mm f1.8 - it's mine!
      John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
        Does any one fancy meeting for a chat and a coffee either before or after the event?
        Yes, I would definitely be up for a chat and coffee.

PS There will be cameras and lenses to try, so hands off the 75mm f1.8 - it's mine!
        Not if I get there first.
        Roger

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8

Comment

Originally posted by cariadus View Post

Not if I get there first.
          John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by cariadus View Post
            Yes, I would definitely be up for a chat and coffee.
            Great, how about 10.30 at The Stables cafe at Saul? http://www.thestablescafe.co.uk/index.html It's situated beside the canal less than a mile from our venue, if we leave at 11.30 we should be in good time.

Anyone else up for this?

After the event we can reconvene in "The Bell" or go take some photos!
            John

Comment

I can recommend the café and some lovely walks along the canal and onto the path that runs to Slimbridge.

It will be great to put names to faces

Comment

Ooh how exciting, I too have tickets. I am certainly up for a meet at the cafe beforehand.
                Shirley
                www.shirleyhollisenterprises.co.uk
                www.photographsbyshirley.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by shirley View Post
                  ...I too have tickets.
                  Bang goes my chance of winning the camera.

Only joking, Shirley, it will be great to see you again.
                  John

Comment

Ah, some local knowledge - looking forward to meeting you.
                    John

Comment

Bang goes my chance of winning the camera.

Only joking, Shirley, it will be great to see you again.
                      Yeah right!!

I am looking forward to meeting you again John, it's been ages since we met up, I think it was at your exhibition last time, I have the photo I bought then on my wall in the hall.
                      Shirley
                      www.shirleyhollisenterprises.co.uk
                      www.photographsbyshirley.co.uk

Comment

Will there be OM-Ds available to try out? I've always felt mine underexposed a bit and would love to have a side by side comparison of one, since I've never seen another one in the real world despite looking hard for 18 months

Comment

Originally posted by davidfarquhar View Post
                          Will there be OM-Ds available to try out? I've always felt mine underexposed a bit and would love to have a side by side comparison of one, since I've never seen another one in the real world despite looking hard for 18 months
                          I don't know what Olympus are bringing but mine will certainly be there!
                          John

Comment

Haha, I think I'll leave the film cameras at home that day - or at least in the car.

Great, how about 10.30 at The Stables cafe at Saul? http://www.thestablescafe.co.uk/index.html It's situated beside the canal less than a mile from our venue, if we leave at 11.30 we should be in good time.
                            Sounds good to me!

After the event we can reconvene in "The Bell" or go take some photos!
                            And that too!
                            Roger

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8

Comment

Originally posted by shirley View Post
                              Yeah right!!

I am looking forward to meeting you again John, it's been ages since we met up, I think it was at your exhibition last time, I have the photo I bought then on my wall in the hall.
                              I think the last time we met was at my exhibition. I find it more than a little flattering that you have one of my pictures on your wall!
                              John

Comment

I'm not sure if I can get to the cafe for 10.30am. If not, hopefully I will still get to meet Forum members at the Circus.

Comment

Working...
                                X