Still cannot upload images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Still cannot upload images

I tried to post a new thread and paste in links to preples posts and got this incredible message and failed to post four times I tried Invalid File
    [I].
    I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
    Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Chevvy -

Sorry you've been caught by it also . . . . doesn't seem to have any pattern to whom it chooses or when.

I just tried again to upload (@5:05 pm). No change, same message.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
      Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@e-group.uk.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
      More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
      Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
      Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.17 Server at e-group.uk.net Port 80

We'll just have to wait and see what the techs can figure out.

John
      Founder and head idjit of the ancient and venerable Order of Photography Is Simple, Stupid

Website @

http://trihelic.net/

Comment

Originally posted by JohnI View Post
        Chevvy -

Sorry you've been caught by it also . . . . doesn't seem to have any pattern to whom it chooses or when.

I just tried again to upload (@5:05 pm). No change, same message.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
        Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@e-group.uk.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
        More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
        Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
        Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.17 Server at e-group.uk.net Port 80

We'll just have to wait and see what the techs can figure out.

John
        That's when I was able to reboot my modem to clear that (because others of my computers did the same until I did).
        Ross
        I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
        Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
        Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
        Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
        Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Ross, thanks for the suggestion. I've just rebooted my modem/router, and created a new album but cannot get images to upload. I'm still getting the 'invalid file' message

Comment

I think it is a "random" error maybe caused by the number of people on the 4m at any one time

I just tried a few times, then forgot it and tried again and it worked
            [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Chevvy. Not sure that was the case when I tried at 3am but I have just tried yet again without success. If I try to upload to an album I get "Invalid File" and if I try to add images as attachments to my posts I get "Not a Valid Image File".
              Had no problems before the recent server upgrade.

Comment

Are you trying to upload from a host or direct from your files? I have had no trouble uploading from Photobucket over the last few days.
                The picture tells the story, great when you have a bad memory.DW.

Comment

Originally posted by Imageryone View Post
                  Are you trying to upload from a host or direct from your files? I have had no trouble uploading from Photobucket over the last few days.
                  David, for me it happened well after the upgrade server ...
                  touch wood seems ok now

I ignored the last "invalid" message and it was uploaded
                  [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

I get the invalid file massage when trying to change my avatar, the pic I'm trying to upload meets the criteria. Even if I specify a webpage with the file it still won't accept it.

Anyone else tried this and had problens?

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
                      I ignored the last "invalid" message and it was uploaded
                      Hi Chevvy,

Ok I'm going to try that .... i.e. ignore the message and upload this reply anyway, if an image is attached below then what you have found to work will have also worked for me. However I am not holding my breath on this one, so here goes.

Simon
                      “Sharpness is a bourgeois concept”
                      ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Yep as I thought ..... no image attached, so there we go .... I guess it's back to banging my head against that wall again

Oh well at least I can upload text, however I do hope that this problem which now appears to be effecting more and more users gets sorted soon. It will be a great shame if this issue were to ultimately lead to the waining of my enthusiasm for this otherwise excellent, polite & welcoming forum.

Simon
                        ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Bee View Post
                          Yep as I thought ..... no image attached, so there we go .... I guess it's back to banging my head against that wall again

Oh well at least I can upload text, however I do hope that this problem which now appears to be effecting more and more users gets sorted soon. It will be a great shame if this issue were to ultimately lead to the waining of my enthusiasm for this otherwise excellent, polite & welcoming forum.

Simon
                          sIMON SEND iAN A PM AND DONT LET THEM win
                          [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
                            sIMON SEND iAN A PM AND DONT LET THEM win

Hi Chevvy,

PM just sent, hopefully the image will show for you, if so this would be a temporary work-around but not a long term solution as the image/s would not be readily available for others to see.

Anyway I will be grateful if you let me know if I have been successful.

Kind regards Simon
                            ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Just tried to upload to my gallery no space left contacted Ian who kindly gave me more space. Uploaded the test shot to my gallery and from there using the "my pics" system to a thread all worked. I did see a strange message which flashed up but all worked. Do not know if this helps? I am also still getting e-mails from the site when topics are answered.

Simon am sending you a pm as a test for you.
                              Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

Originally posted by Woofmix View Post
                                I get the invalid file massage when trying to change my avatar, the pic I'm trying to upload meets the criteria. Even if I specify a webpage with the file it still won't accept it.

Anyone else tried this and had problens?

Paul
                                Yes Me

Sometimes I get " Invalid File " like you, sometimes I get the following

Connection closed by remote server

You tried to access the address http://e-group.uk.net/forum/profile.php?do=updateavatar, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.
                                Make sure your internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same connection are working.
                                Check that the setup of any internet security software is correct and does not interfere with ordinary web browsing.
                                If you are behind a firewall on a Local Area Network and think this may be causing problems, talk to your systems administrator.
                                Try pressing the F12 key on your keyboard and disabling proxy servers, unless you know that you are required to use a proxy to connect to the internet. Reload the page.

Messages like this are getting quite common, often when I reply to a post , something similar comes up. However if I keep pressing the back button an re-submitting, it eventually works. The Avatar however seems unchangeable.

P.S. Whilst trying to upload this reply, the same thing happened, though it worked at the second attempt.
                                Best Regards
                                Bill

The nearest I have to a home page.
                                http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
                                They're Watching You!

Comment

Working...
                                X