X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: E-Group Pen competition rules and entry details

Originally posted by Ulfric M Douglas View Post
    I can explain at least part of this.
    I take loads of pictures with both e-DSLRs and Pens.
    I can only enter the Pen competition from here, even though this is still a predominantly DSLR forum.
    In order to enter the DSLR competition I'd have to register (or try, again) for the horribly laid-out and "less British" other forum, which I attempted to do maybe a year ago. It just didn't happen. So that's why at least you don't have a DSLR entry from me. Maybe there are others in a similar situation.

On a related note ;
    Your have the Pen and DSLR competitions available for the (kind of) opposite populations of forum members. Interesting, but seems accidentally designed to dodge the most applicants.
    Ulfric, we're getting plenty of DSLR entries, despite not getting one from you. We're short of Pen entries.
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
      Good! The less the merrier!

Seriously, it's a great prize and a good chance to at least have your picture(s) in a book. I think there are quite a few MFT users on here now, so get those entries in, guys.

Or is everyone disheartened by the fact that Shirley might get a Pen in time for the competition deadline!
      Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Often it's the different image that catches the judge's eye. From experience I know that I'm pretty hopeless at selecting competition entries so I'll settle for a picture in the book.
        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Hi, Does it matter the size of the image to mailed in? Are you looking for full resolution in JPEG format or do we need to reduce the resolution? I only ask, because most images will be between 5-12 mb per picture. I just want to make sure I send it correctly.

Thanks

BJS

Comment

Ok, the total file size was 5 mg, so I sent full resolution. Thanks

BJS

Comment

Hi guys, my entry is on the other site, as I'm an E system user, but looking forward to seeing the results from both comps, when will results be published?

Cheers Bryan

Comment

We will be sifting through the entries next week - the deadline is midnight on Monday - and I hope we can reveal a winner the following week so we can get the book design done and printed before the end of November.

Ian
                Founder and editor of:
                Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
                Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
                Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
                Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
                NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
                sigpic

Comment

I sent an image last night but have not had a response yet. Unfortunately the email address it was sent from was not my registered one (although they both end up in the same place).

Should I still expect one? Hopefully I will still get in the book at the very least.

Neil

Comment

How many photo's are going into these books?, my aim is to try and get onto the E system book, just wondering what my chances are lol

Comment

Ian will send the mail with which I participate.
                      greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Bryso View Post
                        How many photo's are going into these books?, my aim is to try and get onto the E system book, just wondering what my chances are lol
                        We haven't fixed the page count yet. To some extent, it depends on how many really good images we get

Olympus has an in-house printing facility and it will be designed in-house as well.

Ian
                        Founder and editor of:
                        Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
                        Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
                        Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
                        Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                        Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                        Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
                        NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
                        sigpic

Comment

A big hello to all forum members. I am new here and I submitted my entry today in the PEN category. Looking forward to see great pics taken by fellow PEN users.
                          Cheers!

Comment

Have been lurking on and off for a while now. Finally decided to sign up because of this competition. I've entered an HDR pic, hope that's OK??

Good luck to everyone who's submitted a picture!

Comment

Originally posted by DrC View Post
                              Have been lurking on and off for a while now. Finally decided to sign up because of this competition. I've entered an HDR pic, hope that's OK??

Good luck to everyone who's submitted a picture!

Welcome DrC and good luck in the competition!
                              John

Comment

I've got a question.

Are two books going to be produced, one for the Pen shots and one for the E-System shots or are the best shots from each competition going to be combined in one book?
                                It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

Working...
                                X