X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amateur Photogrspher Magazine

Chris

Re: Amateur Photographer Magazine

Really? How? I paid the full price in Smiths for mine today....

Comment

Re: Amateur Photographer Magazine

Originally posted by DekHog View Post
      Really? How? I paid the full price in Smiths for mine today....
      Ditto

Cheers,

JohnGG

Comment

John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Re: Amateur Photogrspher Magazine

Generally the cost of these mags are way over priced for their content. I'm more than likly to have paid out the best part of an E5 over the years
          Chris

Comment

exact same photo - cloud in background in exact same position/shape), but this one has an X at top left, and the enlarged portion in the circle insert is blurred/out of focus, allegedly as a result of poor camera holding technique.

Post-processing of the same shot to give the effect of camera shake. If I, as a hobbyist (albeit with a 30+ year pro photographer father), can spot this, what about cannier readers.

I wonder if the noise comparison shots in a camera test of ISO100 vs ISO200 vs ISO400 etc are even really separate shots? Or if the noise comparison shots in a group test are even really taken by the different cameras in the test?

I just look at the ads pages.

That little Stillnoct pill should be kicking in any ti.....
            Learning All The Time.

HAVE: E-620 | HLD-5 | ED14-42 | ED40-150 | ED70-300
            CURIOUS ABOUT: Sigma 50-500 Or | EC-14 For 70-300
            DREAM OF: E-5 | HLD-4 | ED7-14| ED14-35 | ED35-100 | ED90-250 | EC-14 | EC-20

Comment

Mags are full of repetitive beginner rubbish, and their reviews always end up rating everything in the 70%-80% range - the last few AP's I've bought have only been for the Leica competition tokens, and I've now got the last one I need, so it'll be back to no more mags for me now.

It really bugged me buying AP, as you can read the actual content in about five minutes flat.... but if you're the kind of person that loves page after page of adverts, you'll be sorted until it comes out the week after when you can start price comparing all over again.

Comment

I think A.P. has gone down the nick in this last few years. It is so pro Canon i begin to wonder if they own it?

Comment

Originally posted by yorky View Post
                  I think A.P. has gone down the nick in this last few years. It is so pro Canon i begin to wonder if they own it?
                  Yep - I left the forum ages ago because I detected exactly the same

Comment

Best bang for your buck IMO is Advanced Photographer. All articles are interesting and they avoid novice stuff, and they have a camera club section - all of which is why I changed my subscription from DSLR User Magazine earlier in the year. This is basically now a mag for novices.
                    Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Olympus E3] [E300] OMD-M5 12.50mm] ZD [40.150] ZD [14.45] ZD 50.200] ZD [14.54] ZD [35macro] ZD [11.22] ZD [1.4x EC- 14] ZD [EX-25] [RM. CB 1] [FL-36] [FL-50]
                      Manfrotto Tripod.

Comment

Originally posted by benvendetta View Post
                        Best bang for your buck IMO is Advanced Photographer. All articles are interesting and they avoid novice stuff, and they have a camera club section.
                        I agree with Dave,I bought this magazine one month because I had nothing else to read and I have to say that it was a thoroughly refreshing read.

However I do think that all magazines are guilty of repeating themselves over a given time cycle .. after all there is only so much to discuss in photographic terms once you have covered all the usual topics. I had Digital Photo only because my daughter subscribes every Christmas( stocking filler she calls it )
                        but even I am bored with the content. when you strip out what is not relevant to most competent photographers there is sod all left really - at least nothing that a good photography book couldn't provide for a fraction of the cost.
                        Benedict
                        ---------

People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel.

Comment

Working...
                        X