• Show
Clear All

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Re: October 2019 Photo Challenge: Beer

Well I went to the pub last night but forgot all about getting a shot
      Oh well will just have to vote on all those more organised than me.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

October 19 Photo Challenge Results: Beer

1st place =--------AMc----------------The Hotel------------------7 votes

1st place =--------Bikie John---------Busy Night----------------7 votes

1st place =--------Mj224--------------Local Brew---------------7 votes

1st place=---------Travelling Chick---Skinny Drinker-----------7 votes

2nd place =-------Tram----------------Bolleke-------------------6 votes

2nd place =-------IainMacD-----------Rarely seen in the wild--6 votes

3rd place----------Barr1e--------------One too many------------3 votes

Crikey, we have 4 first places this month, (phew). Congratulations to AMc with his "The Hotel", Bikie John with his "Busy Night", MJ224 with his "Local brew" and finally Travelling Chick with her "Skinny Drinker" (my title as the submission was untitled).

Close behind was Tram with his "Bolleke", and IainMacD with what is "Rarely seen in the wild" with 6 votes. Barr1e's "One too many", OM User's "One pint Glass...", Jonesy's "Beer and cake", blu-by-u's "Unfocused" (my title) all scored points, but just not enough this time. 090657 brought up the rear this time, taking the proud title of "Temptation" (alas these barrels were empty Tim!!) with "Pas de points". Nothing to be ashamed of, someone has to do it...

All in all, its been a quieter challenge, after all Beer is a very serious subject, I suspect there were many attempts at this subject, but after trying a few beers out, I think the candidates forgot to take the picture...(Oh well, what a way to go...:-)

Right, there were 11 entries, 20 individual voters, and 48 votes in all...…….

Again, Congratulations to the four winners....

Summary might follow in the next few days, but feel free to comment on all or any of the entries
            Last edited by MJ224; 4 weeks ago. Reason: Correction to votes
            Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Well done to all the entrants, and thanks for the votes. Mark, I think you have a typo where you have only credited Tram and Iain with 2 votes apiece - I think it should be 6.

Of course the real winner is Ian W with his lovely film shot which captures an atmosphere which has largely been lost. Overall I am a bit conflicted about the public smoking ban (I am a lifelong almost non-smoker so have no personal axe to grind) but it certainly added character back in the day.

John

Comment

Thanks John...…………:-)

Yes I meant to add Ian's photo was superb, but alas not eligible for this comp...…….Well done Ian, lovely photo....
                Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Skinny Drinker is a *great* name. Thanks for that, and thanks for the votes. Fun month of photos!

Comment

Well done everyone; congratulations to the worthy winners.
                    Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                    Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                    Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                    Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                    Learn something new every day

Comment

Originally posted by TravelingChick View Post
                      Skinny Drinker is a *great* name. Thanks for that, and thanks for the votes. Fun month of photos!
                      I have forgotten my manners, Many thanks for votes...
                      Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Congratulations to the winners.

Thanks for the name. After one , I was actually drunk and just pointed the stylus 1. I would have been by them buddies if I have brought the em1. now that makes an excuse to get that em3iii
                        * Henry
                        * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

Thanks for the votes, delighted to have been chosen as one of the 4 winners and congratulations to everyone who entered
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/amcuk/

Comment

Working...
                          X