Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES

See more
See less

July 2019 Photo Challenge: Frozen (As in Action)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: July 2019 Photo Challenge: Frozen (As in Action)

How can these images count towards "E-System User Photographer of the Year" when at least one was taken over two years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
      This is going to be a great challenge there are some superb shots already. I'd have trouble just picking 3 if I had to do it now and we are only half way through
      I was just thinking the same!
      John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by geoffmp View Post
        How can these images count towards "E-System User Photographer of the Year" when at least one was taken over two years ago?
        One was taken in 2010 !

There is no time limit restriction on when submitted photos were taken unless stated in the rules for each month.

This has been discussed before and the conscensus was to only have time shot limits on specific topics.

Your point is valid though and it certainly makes the title photographer of the year a bit meaningless.
        Dave

My Flickr

Comment

We considered this question when we formulated the competition. It would be nice to limit entries to recent shots only, to encourage members to get out and shoot more often, but people live busy lives and we don't get a large number of entries as it is, so we didn't want too many restrictions. Some large international competitions, such as Landscape Photographer of the Year, also accept entries taken in previous years.
          John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

It's only a friendly show of photographs. There is no special awards or monetary gains.
            * Henry
            * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

Hi, can I just remind those "Likers" thats its too early to vote. Likes are votes in this thread...

It will only be at the end of this month that you will be able to make a viable/fair vote.

Votes before the end of the month will be removed or ignored.

Sorry folks, we have to have a rule or two.......but lets keep it cool and friendly..
              Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Fast action

p6130106_42774678681_o by electric.mike, on Flickr

Comment

It has all been said...……….

Some of us are able to go and photo the latest Challenge subjects (retired mostly) but others who are still in the work mode, have less time to devote to a particular subject.

I accept the title of Photographer of the year might be a bit of a misnomer, but our interpretation of that is what you can submit during the year.

As usual, this months submissions are very good, and voting will be the usual difficult choice,,,,

Let's see your submissions, the titles etc are open to your interpretation, we look forward to submissions and votes...…………….
                  Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Recently acquired an EM1 2 and this was my first go at action shots with it and the 12-100 F4. Pretty impressed at the amount of in focus shots and came away from a couple of hours on the beach chasing dogs and kids as fresh as a daisy. The weight saving is definitely a big bonus for trips like tonight.

Brooke by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

Comment

A dragonfly fly by
                      E-M5ii and 60mm f2.8 macro

A Dragon fly by by Alf Branch, on Flickr
                      OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

Clarence is a bear who lives in a nice quiet house in Bromley. He is a star of stage and screen (well, TV advertising). He likes nothing better than to explain the virtues of Birds Eye frozen produce to his host family and sometimes giving a social commentary on their life as they are siting around the table having a candlelit dinner. His party piece is explaining how easy it is to undo and close the sliding tab on a pack of resealable frozen peas. Here he his caught in action.
                        (disclaimer: other brands of frozen peas are available but may not come in a resealable pack).

Clarence
                        Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                        Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                        Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                        Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                        Learn something new every day

Comment

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Here's my entry...
                            Taken in December 2018 at Horsey beach where many. many grey seals come to have their pups.

Herring Gull and Seals by AMc UK, on Flickr
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/amcuk/

Comment

'Off To Work'. Weaver Ants scurrying along a branch, busy, busy, busy.

Comment

Voteaway
                                Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X