Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

April 2019 Challenge: Old Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 2019 Challenge: Old Technology

Subject: Old Technology

To enter simply post your picture in this thread between now and 30th April. After which there will be a two week voting period during which all members (not just those who have entered the competition) will be encouraged to vote for their favourite by using the 'Like' button. 1st, 2nd & 3rd places will be allocated and these will ultimately count towards the title of E-System User Photographer of the Year. However, do bear in mind that each monthly round is a separate competition in its own right and you can enter as many or as few rounds as you wish.

Add up to three LIKE votes when you decide you have seen the best photographs. Voting begins on May 1st

We'll try to keep the rules simple, but we must have a few:-

1) Enter one picture only. You are able to change or delete your entry during the month. There is no time limit on the submitted photo.

2) All entries must have been taken on an Olympus E-System body (Four Thirds or Micro Four Thirds), a non-Olympus body but using an Olympus Zuiko E-System lens or an Olympus digital compact such as the XZ-1 or the Tough Cameras.

3) Three votes per member, please. You do not need to enter the competition in order to vote.

4) If you vote for more than three pictures, none of your votes will count. But you will be asked to remove any extra Likes.

5) You can change your mind at any time during the voting period simply by removing your original Likes before allocating it to your new choice.

I think I have covered everything but please do let me know if I have missed anything.

Now, let's see lots of entries and good luck to all those who participate!
    Last edited by MJ224; 6th April 2019, 06:45 AM. Reason: Clarity on timing of the submission
    Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Re: April 2019 Challenge: Old Technology

Inside a Musical Box

Last edited by wornish; 16th April 2019, 09:03 AM. Reason: Changed entry again
    Dave

My Flickr

Comment

The Gaslight Room by Paul Kaye, on Flickr
      Paul
      E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
      flickr
      Portfolio Site
      Instagram

Comment

Where's the CPU?

* Henry
        * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Old stuff

by Mark Johnson, on Flickr
            Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

An old Bessemer converter for making steel from iron at the Kehlam Island Museum. This was really breakthrough technology in it's day.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Tweed loom at Na Gearrannan, Isle of Lewis

Stewart

My Zenfolio Site
                My Portfolio Site

Olympus: E-M1 Mk11 | PEN-F + ECG-4 | XZ-1 | Lumix: G9 | LX100
                Zuiko: 40-150 Pro + MC-14 | 12-100 Pro | 7-14 Pro | 17 | 45 | 60 | OM 135
                Leica: 100-400 | 12-60 Lumix: 12-32 Samyang: 7.5 fisheye

Comment

Originally posted by MJ224 View Post
                  Subject: Old Technology

To enter simply post your picture in this thread between now and 30th April. After which there will be a two week voting period during which all members (not just those who have entered the competition) will be encouraged to vote for their favourite by using the 'Like' button. 1st, 2nd & 3rd places will be allocated and these will ultimately count towards the title of E-System User Photographer of the Year. However, do bear in mind that each monthly round is a separate competition in its own right and you can enter as many or as few rounds as you wish.

Add up to three LIKE votes when you decide you have seen the best photographs. Voting begins on May 1st

We'll try to keep the rules simple, but we must have a few:-

1) Enter one picture only. You are able to change or delete your entry during the month. There is no time limit on the submitted photo.

2) All entries must have been taken on an Olympus E-System body (Four Thirds or Micro Four Thirds), a non-Olympus body but using an Olympus Zuiko E-System lens or an Olympus digital compact such as the XZ-1 or the Tough Cameras.

3) Three votes per member, please. You do not need to enter the competition in order to vote.

4) If you vote for more than three pictures, none of your votes will count. But you will be asked to remove any extra Likes.

5) You can change your mind at any time during the voting period simply by removing your original Likes before allocating it to your new choice.

I think I have covered everything but please do let me know if I have missed anything.

Now, let's see lots of entries and good luck to all those who participate!
                  Does the photo have to have been taken that month, or can you dig out some oldies?
                  Nikon Z7, 70-200mm f2.8 VRII, 18-35mm f3.5-4.5G, 24-70mm f4, 85m f1.8, 50mm f1.8, Nikon SB-700.

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, 12-40mm f2.8, Panasonic Leica 100-400mm, 40-150mm f2.8, 40-150mm f4-5.6 R, 45mm f1.8

My Flickr
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/99443690@N04/

www.tobygunneephotography.com

Comment

Some challenges do require the photo to be taken in the month, but if you look at Rule 1. This months challenge entries can be taken anytime there is no time limit. So you can dig out old ones from your collection.
                    Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Call Me?

Call me by Tracey Jones, on Flickr
                      Tracey Jones

Its a shame that humans dont come with autofocus, like cameras do!

Comment

Originally posted by snerkler View Post
                        Does the photo have to have been taken that month, or can you dig out some oldies?
                        Only limitation,EXIF must show an Olympus is used. You can even shoot with a Panny L1 but must be Olympus lens. So in other words, something Olympus must be in the EXIF.
                        * Henry
                        * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

former paper mill, Black Forest, Germany

Comment

Just a reminder that voting does not begin until the beginning of the month. Simple reason is that you have yet to see all of the entries......
                            Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

I think this still qualifies as old tech even though it's had a resurgence recently. This is one of my Technics SL1210 Mk5 G's that I bought back in the mid 90's at the height of my DJing.

P8272819 by TDG-77, on Flickr
                              Nikon Z7, 70-200mm f2.8 VRII, 18-35mm f3.5-4.5G, 24-70mm f4, 85m f1.8, 50mm f1.8, Nikon SB-700.

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, 12-40mm f2.8, Panasonic Leica 100-400mm, 40-150mm f2.8, 40-150mm f4-5.6 R, 45mm f1.8

My Flickr
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/99443690@N04/

www.tobygunneephotography.com

Comment

Working...
                              X