• Show
Clear All

Re: March 2019 Monthly Challenge; Cityscape/Architectural

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Last couple of days coming up for this challenge. Next months challenge is Old Technology
      Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

St. Andrew's Hill, Norwich by AMc UK, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/amcuk/

Comment

King's College from St Mary's church tower.
          I didn’t get where I am today....

Comment

Last few hours...………………...
            Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

With difficulty I've cut my LIKEs down to three, but lots of them are in different ways LIKEable. Great work folks.

Comment

A good voting turnout so far. Can we squeeze a few more votes out any others out there. Don't forget, 3 votes each, and yu don't have had to enter to vote...……….

While we are here, this months Challenge, Old Technology, needs more submissions...…….
                  Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

March 19 Photo Challenge: Portrait: Cityscape/Architrural

1st place-----------PDK42-------Manhatten at Sunrise----------16 votes

2nd place----------Blu-by-u-----Sultan Salahuddin Mosque----10 votes

3rd place----------Ricoh---------Colannade Walk-----------------9 votes

Runners up include AMc with 6 votes, Walti with 5 votes, RobEW with 4 votes, and Wornish with 3 votes. Wannabees include Skids, thecedars, ChiaroScuro, Blend 8, OM User, and Phill D, all with a single vote. Partakers with no votes (only two of us) won't be mentioned...

This has proved to be another popular challenge, with 16 entries. Voting went well, with 22 individual voters, placing 61 votes in all.

Congrats to PDK42, (Paul), an outstanding photo, and to Blu-by-u and Ricoh for superb entries.

Summary might follow in the next few days, but feel free to comment on all or any of the entries.
                    Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Congrats to the winners.

It's good to see more entrants each month as well.
                      Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Yes congratulations to the winners, definitely a very high standard this month.
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Congrats to the winners and well done to everybody who made the effort to enter.

It is interesting to see how widely spread the votes are this time. Perhaps it shows that what matters is not so much whether it is "good" or not, and more whether it speaks to us personally. For example, I really liked OM User's Concrete Jungle because it reflects so well how I feel when walking through those places, but I was the only one to vote for it. But that doesn't matter - thanks for sharing it, OM!

John

Comment

Ft
                            Originally posted by Bikie John View Post
                            Congrats to the winners and well done to everybody who made the effort to enter.

It is interesting to see how widely spread the votes are this time. Perhaps it shows that what matters is not so much whether it is "good" or not, and more whether it speaks to us personally. For example, I really liked OM User's Concrete Jungle because it reflects so well how I feel when walking through those places, but I was the only one to vote for it. But that doesn't matter - thanks for sharing it, OM!

John
                            Yes - I echo all of that. Great entries. (And of course my ego is slightly inflated as I got a few votes). I "voted" for quite a lot of the entries, and then had to pare it down to three, opting mainly for "atmospheric" ones (two of which bordered on street photography genre I think).

A nice subject to choose because- I think - lots of people have an interest in streetscapes and (urban) architecture.

Comment

Congratulations to Paul and thanks for those who favoured me with their votes
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/amcuk/

Comment

Thank you all for your votes. I'm humbled and honoured!
                                Paul
                                E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
                                flickr
                                Portfolio Site
                                Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X