Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Steady Hand of the Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Steady Hand of the Year

Song Thrush at dusk. E-M1 Mk1 + 300/4 @ 3200iso 1/30

Andy
    bengeo.com

Comment

Very, very nice image of a bird I haven't seen or heard recently!

Also, 300mm @ 1/30 - impressive!

Jim

Comment

It really depends what you shot it with IMO

How about this taken one handed with an E-M5 mk1 and 14-42EZ lens at 1/6 sec while holding the shutter release for my E-M1 with the othetr hand.

the-aproaching-sea by Alf Branch, on Flickr
        OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

Only just spotted you'd set this up Paul, nice one .
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Here are a couple from Crete, the harbour area of Agios Nikolaos by night. The combination of the E-M1 Mk2 and 12-100 f/4 is ludicrously capable of sharp, hand-held images at slow shutter speeds. Both of these were taken hand-held, standing up and not braced on anything. I try to emulate marksmen by exhaling before the shot, seems to work

This one was 8 seconds, there is movement as you'd expect in the boat bobbing about but by zooming in to the buildings in the distance I can read the logo of the restaurant just above the bow:-

The second one was taken at 5 seconds and looks very sharp even zoomed in:-

Twice now I've packed a small tripod when travelling to Crete and have never got it out of the bag. I'll leave it at home next time

Cheers,

JohnGG

Comment

Just to get something on the board, here's a treed leopard in the Okavango: 300mm f4.0 at 1/80s.

I have got sharp images with the 300/1.4 at 1/80s in the past, but they're pretty uninteresting: I'm still working on my Botswana shots and I believe I've got some more at that sort of speed to come...
              Regards,
              Mark

------------------------------
              http://www.microcontrast.com
              Too much Oly gear.
              Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
              Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Working...
              X