Editing Challenge No. 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Challenge No. 3

And we are off again on another adventure into the minds of the Post Processors. Wonder what they will make of this:

ORF available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1kl3nc14j...20122.ORF?dl=0

Thanks to Tim for the file

Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Re: Editing Challenge No. 3

I was trying desperate for a none landscape but alas I failed. Having had a play with this there is plenty of scope
    EM-1 MK1 - No website containing any of my photos until I'm good enough!

Comment

Have downloaded it thanks.

Determined not to look at the thread in order for my ideas to be original...........
      Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Must admit it is easily done very tempting to see wat people come up with

Comment

I know where that is!
          Paul
          E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
          flickr
          Portfolio Site
          Instagram

Comment

All done in Affinity Photo

Attempt 1

[IMG][/IMG]
            Dave

My Flickr

Comment

I changed the EXIF data so it was shot at 07:46 rather than 15:46 to give it a nice morning feel. I have deliberately not cropped or cloned out the people as dawn to me is a time when things start to stir and seeing people out and about this early added to the feel of exploration. All done in OV3.

"Daybreak"
              From an original by Tim.
              Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
              Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
              Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
              Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
              Learn something new every day

Comment

Here is my second take on this file. I tried to see what I could do in PhotoDirector4 but nothing exited me so I switched to Elements12. This is a straightforward import of the RAW file, processing it with the sliders in the RAW import (equivalent of the "Edit->RAW" tab in OV3 I suppose) and with no further processing of the subsequent "developed" bitmap. No editing so it can be directly compared with the original straight out the camera shot.

"Afternoon"
                From an original by Tim

I'm working on one more with more extensive editing that is not yet ready for upload.
                Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by wornish View Post
                  All done in Affinity Photo

Attempt 1

[IMG][/IMG]
                  I'd reduce the yellow a bit!

Comment

Here's my initial thought.

Gone Gothic....

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Got a bit out of my depth with cloning but there was no going back.

Comment

Reduced Yellows as suggested.

[IMG][/IMG]
                        Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Third one from me in a set depicting how it would look at different times of the day: "Daybreak", "Afternoon", and this, "Midday".

Two pass processing using OV3. First pass to edit building, grass and tree for colour and sharpness to taste. The second pass was to get definition in the clouds. The two images were then merged in Elements, parts of the fence cloned out, people cloned out, more definition given to last part of fence, tree moved slightly, and the horizon levelled out with a skew upwards before cropping and resizing back in OV3. Without tweaking the horizon the crop looked lop sided as everything appeared to be tilted over. The "cloning out" took the most time as the "smart" healing brush was not as smart as gentle and careful manual cloning.

"Midday"
                          From an original by Tim

There is a cropped and slightly stretched version in my gallery that may provoke some comment but I am not submitting it for the challenge. Or how about one with a horizontal fence? See thumbnails below.

Comment

Attempt 1

Comment

Attempt 2

Comment

Working...
                              X