Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Challenge 62 - City Life

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by greenguru; 23rd November 2014, 09:21 AM. Reason: Lost exif data

Comment

City Life - A Celebration Of Marriage.
      Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
      Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
      Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
      Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
      Learn something new every day

Comment

Street Trader, Luxor
        Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Comment

Quiet please!

Comment

Selfie with Tongues.
              Jim
              www.jim-mccabe.co.uk
              http://www.jimmccabephotography.blogspot.com
              (My Travels in Aus & NZ)

Comment

City through the Smog.

Ralph.

Comment

Smiley Girl.
                  sigpicDave

Comment

Hi all - apologies for the delayed result. Had a busy day....

Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone who submitted an image. There are some great shots here and of course I'm now in a quandary as to which to choose as the winner. I loved so many of the images - the empty phonebox in the crowd, the Abbey Road lookalike, the South Bank youth, the several excellent street portraits, ...

But choose I must, so here goes - in the time honoured reverse order:

3rd: Thank you for the time Storm by Barr1e. Great capture of the graffiti at the South Bank. I love the composition, the lighting, the colours and the gritiness of it all. I feel I could almost reach in and touch those walls! Sums up City Life pretty well.

2nd: Quiet Please by Invicta. This is just a great shot. Well seen and well executed. I love the vibrant colours and the juxtaposition of the re-haired girl and the graffiti. If it hadn't been for that bollard, it would have been my winner.

1st: Smoke Break by themosttogain. A wonderful character shot, full of tones and texture. The lighting is spot on too - the slight highlight on the newspapers draws the eye back and forth to the seller and so emphasising his trade. A well-deserved winner. Over to you Alan for the next one!

Paul
                    E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
                    flickr
                    Portfolio Site
                    Instagram

Comment

Well done Paul a difficult choice no doubt. Worth winners though, nice choices. So, what's next Alan?
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Thanks for running the challenge Paul.

Congratulations Alan.

Regards. Barr1e
                        Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Comment

Congratulations Alan, a worthy winner.

and thanks to Paul for the challenge topic and running the challenge.

Comment

Congratulations to the winners and a big thank you to Paul for running this salon.
                            John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Wow! Saved by the bollard! Thanks Paul, and thanks everyone else for the kind comments...i'd best get my thinking cap on! I'll post back later today with the next challenge..
                              Slowly expanding Flickr
                              ..and my horribly out of date website

Comment

Congratulations to Themosttogain, a worthy winning shot.
                                Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                                Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                                Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                                Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                                Learn something new every day

Comment

Working...
                                X