Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Challenge 60 - Creative Autumn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenge 60 - Creative Autumn

Welcome to the first competition in the revamped Photo Challenge.

Subject: Creative Autumn. I want to see your autumn pictures, but particularly those that use a creative technique, such as limited depth of field, or slow shutter speed to capture a sense of movement in wind-blown leaves. Or you may have captured some great light and atmosphere - the possibilities are endless!

Closing date: Midnight (UK time) on Monday 3rd November.

Here are the rules, which should be copied and pasted into the opening post of each round:-

1) The winner of each round becomes the Curator of the next challenge and is resposible for setting the theme and making final judgement of 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. Ideally he/she will make a few comments concerning what they liked about the winning pictures and why they were chosen, but this is not compulsory.

2) A separate thread should be started for comments with each new round and all discussions should take place there, not in the main thread, which should feature pictures entered for the competition only.

3) Each round should be open for entries for two weeks, with the Curator posting the results as soon as possible after entries have closed and the winner setting a new challenge as soon as possible sfter that.

4) If for any reason a Curator is unable to complete judging their challenge, or a winner is unable or unwilling to become the next Curator, they must contact a moderator immediately so that alternative arrangements can be made.

5) The Curator's decision is final and cannot be disputed. The challenge is designed to be a light-hearted and fun way to encourage friendly competition.

6) All entries must have been taken on an Olympus digital camera, including compacts. Third party lenses on E-System bodies are acceptable. The Exif data should be preserved for every entry. The exception is for processing techniques where the exif for the final image is lost, i.e. for montages, HDR, focus stacking, etc and in this case all that is required is for one of the original images used to be available to the Curator to check Exif, if needed. It is not anticipated that this will be needed except in the case of a complaint from a forum member. Remember, this is not a competition with prizes at stake and the main purpose is to encourage members to showcase their favourite shots whilst having a bit of fun and friendly rivalry, at the same time demonstrating what a talented bunch we all are!

7) There are no time limits on when a picture was taken, provided it meets all other criteria.

8) Only one entry per challenge, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that's OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement picture that this is what you intend doing.

9) The Curator cannot enter his or her own challenge.

Good luck!

See this thread for comments
    Last edited by Zuiko; 5th November 2014, 03:15 PM.
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Re: Challenge 60 - Creative Autumn

Autumn on Grove Lane

GROVE LANE, PADIHAM
    My flickr photostream....

Comment

Autumn Reflections popped

Taken with the brilliant Olympus E-5 etc
      Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Comment

Morning Mist
        Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Wide

All the best

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr

Comment

Peter (Art Frames)

You can see some of my things on Flickr

Comment

ivy seed head

hearts at peace under an English heaven

Comment

Dewdrop lenses on a spider's web.

Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
                OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
                Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Taken in a local country park processed and hand painted in Photoshop using mixer brushes.

Photo-Painting of an Autumn Scene

Tom
                  "Who is watching the Watchers, watching the Watchers watching us"

Its not what you see, it's the way that you see it"

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/photofxstudios

Comment

Hiding his Nuts

E-PL3 and 40-150mm

Comment

The Reds and Golds Of Autumn

Regards Paul.
                      One day I hope to be the person my dogs think I am.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_silk/

Comment

Chestnuts in Autumn

Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                        Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                        Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                        Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                        Learn something new every day

Comment

Golden Rain
                          John

OM-D E-M1, 12-40 f2.8 Pro, Tamron 14-150mm f5.8, E5, E3, Zuiko 50-200mm SWD, Zuiko 12-60mm SWD, Zuiko ED 70-300mm f5.6, 50mmf2, Zuiko ED 9-18mm f5.6, Sigma 50-500mm f6.3, EC14, EC20, RM-1, VA-1

Comment

Emergence

Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X