Challenge 60 - Creative Autumn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Challenge 60 - Creative Autumn

Many congratulations to the worthy winners.

A great selection of images and styles.

Many thanks to John for coming up with a format that makes participation easier and therefore more inclusive.

Regards.

ps. Interesting that two of the winners spend much of their life at sea. Not significant, I think but just interesting.
    Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
    OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
    Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Congrats to the winners and a great selection of images which could have not made Johns job easy.
      Regards Paul.
      One day I hope to be the person my dogs think I am.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_silk/

Comment

There is now a short pause before the next challenge so could I suggest that we use it to define the rules where entries are made using multiple images. I entered a focus stacked image from 15 "frames" and I assumed that as long as I was transparent about it there would either be no problem or at least it would be tactfully ignored. However it would be be a good idea to define how these are handled in future - I can think of at least three cases, HDR focus stacking and montages, where some definition would be a good idea
        Lets not complicate our competitions with lots of rules that take away our creative expression when we are in the process of making photographs.

It will be a very sad day indeed if we do, it doesn't matter to me if the image is SOOC, montaged, focus stacked, HDR, over processed, overlaid textured, warped, twisted or pulled, the end result is what we see and then make a judgement if we like the picture or not.

Tom
        "Who is watching the Watchers, watching the Watchers watching us"

Its not what you see, it's the way that you see it"

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/photofxstudios

Comment

Originally posted by tomphotofx View Post
          Lets not complicate our competitions with lots of rules that take away our creative expression when we are in the process of making photographs.

It will be a very sad day indeed if we do, it doesn't matter to me if the image is SOOC, montaged, focus stacked, HDR, over processed, overlaid textured, warped, twisted or pulled, the end result is what we see and then make a judgement if we like the picture or not.

Tom
          Totally agree Tom
          [I].
          I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
          Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

I've ammended Rule 6 to hopefully clarify the validity of processed images that do not retain Exif. It is not a requirement of the Curator to routinely check the Exif for entries in any case (I certainly didn't!) and I would only expect it to become necessary in truly exceptional cases, such as a complaint from a fellow competitor.
            John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Thanks for that, really pleased, you wanted movement, I thought that one had loads of that. Now to figure out how to top it for the next one
              Taken up photography so I can legally shoot people and chop off thier heads!

Comment

Working...
              X