Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

The e-group Bank Holiday Challenge thread - entries here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The e-group Bank Holiday Challenge thread - entries here

I guess so Barrie, my mistake for suggesting it should be posted in the thread for all to see...

Feel free to PM me with the tie-breaker.
    John

Comment

I forgot about that!

I was just thinking about it and said to my husband 'I am no good at these things' he said he didnt think that would work as a caption . Oh well I've got 26hours to come up with something.

Barr1e, I think you put the caption at the bottom of your entry in this thread.

How many pics have you got? I think I am up to 8 but I am not happy with one or two, so I will just have to go out again tomorrow!!
      Shirley
      www.shirleyhollisenterprises.co.uk
      www.photographsbyshirley.co.uk

Comment

oops, posts crossed in cyberspace.
        Shirley

Comment

I've literally just got home from my coast to coast walk across the Scottish Highlands so it looks like I'm going to have a busy day tomorrow.

Ian C.

4 am you swine John.

Comment

Originally posted by ianc View Post
            I've literally just got home from my coast to coast walk across the Scottish Highlands so it looks like I'm going to have a busy day tomorrow.

Ian C.

4 am you swine John.
            Hoe you had a great time in Scotland Ian... glad you like the 04:00 am category matey...
            John

Comment

Originally posted by shirley View Post
              I forgot about that!

I was just thinking about it and said to my husband 'I am no good at these things' he said he didnt think that would work as a caption . Oh well I've got 26hours to come up with something.

Barr1e, I think you put the caption at the bottom of your entry in this thread.

How many pics have you got? I think I am up to 8 but I am not happy with one or two, so I will just have to go out again tomorrow!!

Hi Shirley -

I have five and another to get at 04:00hours tomorrow morning. It is possible due to other activities, that will be it. I'm hopeful one will be good enough for the RM1 which I'm desperate for.

Regards. Barr1e
              Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Comment

I have uploaded 5 to the gallery area.

The wife and I are discussing our missing entries.

Comment

Looks like I've a little catching up to do, uploaded two.
                  E500 - E600 - E620 - HLD5 x2 - 17.5-45mm - 14-42mm - 14-45mm - Sigma 30mm f1.4 - 25mm f2.8 - 40-150mmMI (3.5) - Sirius 60-300mm f4-5.6 - Chinon 55mm f1.4 - Chinon 200mm f3.5 - FL50 - FL36 - Raynox DCR2020PRO

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photonutter/

Comment

Originally posted by theMusicMan View Post
                    the same image can be used in multiple categories if required...
                    My twisted mind reasons that it might be theoretically possible to get all ten categories with one image. Having said that, I think you would need to be pretty lucky or work pretty hard at contriving it!

Good luck to all who are entering.
                    Regards,
                    Stephen

E-M1 |MZ 12-40mm | MZ 60mm Macro | ZD 70-300mm | ZD 50-200mm | FL50-R Flash | Metz 48 AF-1 Flash

Comment

Originally posted by Barr1e View Post
                      Hi Shirley -

I have five and another to get at 04:00hours tomorrow morning. It is possible due to other activities, that will be it. I'm hopeful one will be good enough for the RM1 which I'm desperate for.

Regards. Barr1e
                      Barr1e, I have just bought one of those so if I am lucky enough to win it you can have it.
                      I'm after the reflector - I have tried using a reflector, but its scrunched up tin foil!
                      Looking forward to seeing everyones pics.
                      Shirley
                      Shirley

Comment

Forgive me but I am confused! I have clicked the link and uploaded my entries for the challenge to the gallery but on closer reading it appears you would like them to be posted here as well ? and also a PM to music man with the tie breaker? this is my first posting as the technology does not come easily to me so please write slowly so I can understand

sue@cheesygrins

Comment

Hi Sue, yes, that's right. The reason I ask that you post them all to a thread in here is that you will then have all of your images in the same post and I can judge them far more easily than if I have to trawl through the gallery looking for individual images. It just makes my job easier. OK, maybe next time we can do things better, but this was very impromptu, so please forgive me and bear with us... thanks.
                          John

Comment

Can I make a suggestion?
                            I noticed in somebody elses thread that its possible to put a row of thumbnails in a thread, that way you could see all the pics together and click on them individually to see larger versions.
                            Its easy to do, click Post Reply and underneath the smilies on the right it say 'My pics' if you click on that all you images appear you simply select the ones you want and they go into the message as a row of thumb nails. Doing it any other way will involve a lot of scrolling down pages for the judges - what do you think Music man?
                            Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by shirley View Post
                              Can I make a suggestion?
                              I noticed in somebody elses thread that its possible to put a row of thumbnails in a thread, that way you could see all the pics together and click on them individually to see larger versions.
                              Its easy to do, click Post Reply and underneath the smilies on the right it say 'My pics' if you click on that all you images appear you simply select the ones you want and they go into the message as a row of thumb nails. Doing it any other way will involve a lot of scrolling down pages for the judges - what do you think Music man?
                              Great idea... go for it I say.
                              John

Comment

Do you want the exif info on them if so how do you do it in photoshop when i do it in image size i can only get it down to 1.2 meg instead when i save for web I can get it to 385kb
                                how do i resize to 800x600 and end up with exif and a small file size

Comment

Working...
                                X